ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault service question

Street Triple R

Would it be unreasonable of me to ask to see the replaced parts taken out of my car at its forthcoming 24k service? only i have heard a vast amount of stories of services being done, only to find out afterwards that nothing has been done at all, seems to happen at all garages (BMW, Renault, Ford etc etc) they all do it

Its not unreasonable but how will you know if the parts they have show you are out of your car?. They do say they change things but then it turns out theyre chattin bs cos they were too busy scratching their b****cks to actually work on the car.

Id only ask if the car getting other wrk done Id not bother with normal service stuff. After all if they dont do the work and the car fails because of it then there libel.

Quote: Originally posted by Tubster on 03 August 2005

Are you a mechanic TheKing? Or Manager?

None of the above just got stung when i took in my car for a service then take it home to find out that various things they said they done they hadnt even touched.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

They will probably show u parts of someone elses car....

even if they havnt doen the work that is.

Not much u can do unless u mark up the old parts ;)

Volvo S60 T5

I spot this all the time at work, parts marked up and stuff, last one I done had paint marks on the filters and the level caps.

To be honest most places are OK and will do a good job, its just the odd few.