ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Spider + pic

work for BMW
Walking home whilst in Monaco I saw this bad boy. I'v never seen a spider in the flesh before.. bloody lovely

IMG_20131203_164058.jpg

An orange one
I would bloody love one of these... although windscreen FTL! especially in monaco!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
These were a bit before the VX220... Absolutely terrifying cars to drive fast on track because they are more capable than most drivers that own them.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
These were a bit before the VX220... Absolutely terrifying cars to drive fast on track because they are more capable than most drivers that own them.

My mates got one and took it to Combe the last time we went. (If you've heard this story, move on...)

He kept spinning. Literally every other lap. One of the instructors got pissy with him and said he was going to cause an accident so my mate said ''Ok, you take it out and try and keep up with the clios!''

He span. When he come in, despite being absolutely covered in grass, all over his visor, his lap, it was even over the dash, he was pissing himself. Said it was proper difficult to drive but hugely fun at the same time.

I've never had a go in it despite his pleas, mainly because I don't want to own it if I bin it.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yeah they suck on road compounds. Nick Hill took me out in a NZ Cup car and it was scarey.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Not many road cars with chassis and suspension like these ;-)

The racers were faster to but I guess RSport had a supply of Grp N F7R's sat ready and waiting.

One of the few cars I'd honestly like to own but not before an R8 Gordini.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Epic car to drive. Brakes are diabolical though. No servo assistance so it's like pushing a concrete block.
Still got the Spider engine that was in my mk1 sat here waiting for something silly to crop up

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Is that a blue printed one Dan? My friend had one of these in his blue Mk1 and it was one of the strongest NA engines I've ever felt.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yeah unbelievable things. His pulled 193hp on standard inlet so I bet that was epic on ITB's

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
it never made huge numbers, but it absolutely destroyed every mk2 that ever wanted a go ;)

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I remember the days when the sport spiders had the 1 make race series (UK Spider Cup) on the same bill as the old BTCC package, Jason Plato won it

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yeah I'd love to see one, very cool. Is it Liquid Yellow, or Sunflower? Or something else completely?