ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

renault techs - 2010 1.5 DCi air filter replacement interval

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
for anyone who works in the dealers, as the title, nothing in the service book about it, nothing in the service scedule online about it, just got my car back from 18k service with the original filter still fitted, whats the crack? when should it be done?

cheers

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
fuel filter on the older 1.5's was 72k from memory, not sure about newer ones.

to top it off, my high level brakelight still not changed as its not in stock apparently however a quick phonecall to their parts dept confirms it is, my service due indicator is still on, and it ended up getting finished at 3 after me telling them i could only book it in if i had it back for 12! great!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sounds like they've done you with oil & filter only mate. And they wonder why people don't use them.

I had a customer bring an '08 TDCi Focus to me last week that wouldnt start. He'd taken it to Ford who did 3hrs work, didn't find the problem but still charged him just shy of £300. In the end it was a couple of pins in the main loom connector which had bent over so someone had obviously been playing - 1hr labour @ £35 and off he went.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
36k for air filter iirc. Sounds a good stealer this.
cheers, i done about 12k on the paper filter 6k on my pannel filter and already the paper ones pretty dirty, however if its 36k then thats fine, just thought they were trying to pull a fly one!

air filter is 36k and the brake light why didnt they just do the bulb
because its a full LED unit, its booked in for next tuesday to get done as it wasnt in stock however they expected me to pick the car up but it was my mrs who went for it and she heard them discussing how it was in but no time to fit it, so i rang parts and low and behold they had one in stock lol. Had they simply called me and said we've diagnosed it but are fully booked for time today, that would have been fine, its not a major issue, i just dont like getting fucked about, not after spending £15k.

This is my 2nd closest dealer after i rang to book it in with my closest and the one who supplied the car and ive never spoke to such a cheeky person on the switch board, so said forget it.

Sounds like they've done you with oil & filter only mate. And they wonder why people don't use them.

I had a customer bring an '08 TDCi Focus to me last week that wouldnt start. He'd taken it to Ford who did 3hrs work, didn't find the problem but still charged him just shy of £300. In the end it was a couple of pins in the main loom connector which had bent over so someone had obviously been playing - 1hr labour @ £35 and off he went.

yeah invoice is 5w40 fully synth, oil filter, cabin filter, sump washer.

I was going to put it into one of the local VAT registered garages that i trust but since it was needing warranty work looked at and im always short on time with work i thought ill kill 2 birds with one stone. never again.

the annoying thing is the fact someone has drove the car out the workshop and into the carpark after servicing it with the big bright orange service light on and SERVICE DUE on the screen! they have also ticked the sheet to say they have reset it, so if they ticked it but didnt do it, what else didnt they bother to check?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i do replace the air filter myself it has a pipercros pannel filter in it, however as the car is brand new, i expect it serviced to renault guidelines which i was sure they hadn't.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF

So on a 18k first service you would do more than oil, oil filter and pollen filter?

Last edited:

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
So on a 18k first service you would do more than oil, oil filter and pollen filter?

It would be oil, oil filter, air filter, cabin filter, general condition check, CLIP and the service reminder and record will be updated/stamped then you're done.... £90 using genuine filters and ELF oil.

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Was Stevie Wonder your Tech cos that should've had a line thru it... lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
just shows though that plus the fact they ticked service indicator reset when they didnt reset it, that clearly its just been a ticking exercise rather than a proper going over as it should be. granted the car is only a year old and 18k miles so its probably spot on anyway, but if your paying for something you expect to receive it!

no mention either of the fact ive been driving it around with the MAF unplugged so not sure if it got the CLIP diagnostics either? either that or they just didnt bother mentioning it

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
was sitting at the lights a few days ago and thought the car sounded strange, could hear a vibration, thought ill look into it when i get home and couldnt find anything, had stopped doing it, assumed it was in my head and left it at that.

put the air con on today and again loud banging noise sounded like a motorbike, could feel it through the full car. phoned said dealer saying my car sounds like its going to blow up since my service a few days ago. they said when can we get it in to have a look at it, i said im driving to manchester tomorrow afternoon i need it for then, so basically i need it sorted tomorrow morning or i need a curtisy car, they said if you can bring it in we will confirm if its safe to drive or not.

i said im not driving it to you if its not safe to drive, are you going to recover it, they said it will probably be fine if your not far away. i said regardless of if it gets recovered or i drive it, am i going to get a curtisy car for my trip, they said we will cross that bridge when we come to it, i told them i need a car to get to manchester for work, this is the reason i bought a brand new car and thats the reason i had it serviced before i went there. they cant guarantee me a car they said.

i had a quick look under the bonnet, i said i wasnt going to as its not my place to be diagnosing my own car when im paying top money to own and service it, and turns out the little box that clips onto the top of the radiator fan hadnt been clipped on and was rubbing against the fan, fan is damaged as is the box (only cosmetically but regardless its their problem!)

strong worded letter going in tomorrow about it!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
This is poor Martin, common skool boy error, they unhooked the boost pressure regulator to change the oil filter, and have not hooked it back onto its mounting, now rubbing away on the cooling fan.

little rubber unit with two pipes coming off it yea?

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah thats the one, so thats what it does then, i was sure the radiator fan connector was also on it so couldnt work out what it actually was, did have 2 little vacume pipes on it, and yeah ass you say little ribber mount that pushes down onto a peg.

total idiots, not what you expect when paying top dollar but anyway ill see what they say

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Yer has a plug/connector on it to, once the fan has cut through the reg pipes you loose all boost.

So they didnt reset the service light
ticked incorrect boxes on service sheet
left parts hanging in engine bay

Go back in see what they say.

Did they measure your brake discs/pads?, left side of service sheet.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah, also told me my high level brake light wasnt in stock so couldnt be changed, then when my mrs went to pick the car up (they expected me) they were talking with each other about the cars that were in etc and one of the girls said to the other "that cars done just needs re booked in for its high level brake light to be changed" and the other lass said "that lights already in" and the other said "weve no time today to change it anyway"

i told them i couldnt book it in for its service on tuesday unless i could have it back for 1pm, they said they would have it ready for 12.30, however it didnt get into the workshop until 2pm lol!

front pads min 8mm - messured 11mm
front discs min 19.8mm - messured 20.7mm
rear pads min 7.5mm - messured 13mm
rear discs min 7mm - messured 7.5mm

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Update, ill put a final post in the dealers section once this full process is sorted.

so it went in today what i hoped for the last time to have the high level brake light sorted on the spoiler.

got it back, spoiler not fitted correctly, massive gap at the roof. it goes back in monday.... lol

service manager still on holiday so struggling to get anywhere other than a polite little lass who does try her best to help but clearly doesnt have the power to put things right their and then!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Mate, i'm face+palm'n... how have you managed to not rip out someones spine yet like the Predator? Obviously your sense of humor is better than mine.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
384252_1950204775221_1845688483_1360303_1627660656_n.jpg

im a mellow chilled out guy, ill deal with the service manager personally though!

Attachments

• 384252_1950204775221_1845688483_1360303_1627660656_n.jpg
    384252_1950204775221_1845688483_1360303_1627660656_n.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 153

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
big arnie clark in Grangemouth

stirling was more convienient for me but they have messed us about for years with our driving school cars, so we started going to grangemouth with them also stirling totally ballsed up aldo's belt change on his 182, charging him for an aux belt kit then "forgetting" to fit it, then after another week to rectify it the PAS pump gave way the same day he got it back, then one of their sockets was found rattling about the aux belt area!

i had the same on my 1.5dci scenic with fuel filter, wasnt changed. dont no when it should be.lol
35k but they can last longer my last one was on for 54k onkly chnaged as I had a new one to use this ones been on for much the same time and its fine. You know when they start to block up.

Don't forget though 150k the fuel filter in the tank should be chnaged though.