ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Track day

Friday was very good, nice and dry...good conditions.

It involved taking my own car then having access to the 182 and a proper clio cup racer.

First things first comparing a 172 clio cup to a 182 cup on track:-

Ive had many many cars and have done many many track days (making a point before i make this statement)

On comparing the two cars i would say the following.....(after both driven very hard at the circuit)

The 182 is a very good car and the turnin is crisper (probably due to the new wheels) and thats it.

The clio 172 cup feels slighty quicker and just as composed as the 182, but this is my opinon.....i do feel that the 182 feels a bit heavier and gives cloudier feedback to the driver.....its as if you were sitting on a cushion. Maybe thats a little harsh its still a good car but i wish they would take all the crap like sat nav, abs and other bits to make it lighter!! Anyway....

If you guys are thinking of buying a 182, and dont have the cup have a look as they are a bargin!!

Regards to pace on the day well, we did chase a v6 255 around the circuit...and the cup was faster through the bends (and i had a passenger) but on the straight (1km in length) the V6 did pull some ground but not much. You could gain that back through late braking and cornering faster....anyway we had put the pressure on this blue v6 and caught him up and got closer and closer....until....yep he span....

I have to say on the day (not blowing my own trumpet) but there was only one car i could not get around....yep you guessed it another blue clio 172 cup. Well done that man...sorry couldnt get close enough to read the number plate...excellent driving.

tom