ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault tuner thing

GW 200T
What does the renault tune thing, the device that works with the ipod and the OE Hu do exaclly??

James

Skoda Fabia vRS
allows you to play music from your mp3 player through the OE headunit keeping all your steering controls aswell, its a nice bit of kit if you dont want to change the headunit and have to buy loads of adapters

ph2 172
it gives you an aux 3.5mm jack that can be used as a straight fwd line in.
, an ipod connector ( I've never used this as I don't have an ipod )
, and a USB port.

I plug a USB memory stick into it. The headunit then see's each album on the memory stick as a CD, as if you had a 100 CD changer in the car. Title's and track names are NOT displayed, instead the display shows something like CD9 Track 12.

Clio 182
It does work with the Cabasse stereo. I had a Multifunctional TunePoint fitted to mine.

It plugs into the blue 'multichanger' socket in the back of the H/U.

Image002.jpg

Clio 182
Yep :)

Didn't fancy cutting a hole in the glove box, as I couldn't find a way through. So went for the easy option and used industrial velcro to hold it up there!!

I also found the iPod function useless, so I just used the aux input and had a cradle (which I still have) for the 'Pod and controlled it manually.

Golf GTD Mk7
wimp ;), there is a piece of plastic at the back of the glove box you can remove, drill the hole and replace. Simple job.

Clio 182
Oh naff off you :rasp:

My way worked, just a little untidy haha! Anyways, sold it long time ago as I've upgraded!