ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault UK and dealer troubles

After weeks and weeks waiting for my local dealer to fix my 172 (still waiting after 12 weeks) I thought Id phone Renault to see if they could hurry it up abit.

Well what a response, I guess "RAM it" and "Tough" would some up the conversation.

This was not what I was expecting especially as i feel I have been more than patient.

It was just the flippant attitude of, it will get fixed when it gets fixed and think yourself lucky its being fixed.

Now the fault with my car was nothing too major the wipers stopped working and i had a few random electrical faults it was diagnosed as a water leak on the bulkhead which went into the UCH unit and shorted everything out.

After many weeks of pushing my local dealer they admitted defeat and got a Renault engineer to diagnose the fault (they kept fitting the wrong parts which didnt help). But no its still not fixed as the part they need is on back order "why", Well as mine has touch sensative windows it needs a "Euro spec" UCH!!

Now all of the correct parts in the Uk are faulty (hence the back order), apparently the supplier to Renault missed various parts off of the circuit board causing various functions not to work.

The best bit is still to come, No action will be taken on the first dealer who left it with faults on, unbeknown to me it had had this problem before i bought the car.

Now the Clio is a great car but once its fixed im getting rid as i cant be dealing with the frustration due to the ignorance and apathy at Renault its always someone elses fault usually the French, when will they face up to there responsibilities?

Im only glad I am resiliant enough to see this through to the conclusion Im sure lots would have been fobbed off long before now, I wont give names due to the fact im considering legal action.

Sorry for the rant, well its made me feel better.

Stuart

MERCEDES CLS AMG

Im surprised at this - The UCH is a very common fault for going wrong. Ive got the same problem with my car - the indicators dont work and the wipers only work on full blast and when you knock the switch off they stop in the position they are in, on the screen instead of positioning themselves at level with the scuttle panel. UCH,s are available and they arent back ordered as they have told you - seems to me that the dealers didnt know what to look for or, theyve been messing you about. Water leaking onto the UCH is common on most modern Renaults by the way.

I have been told as i have touch sensitive windows on both sides, "apparently" euro spec, when they fit a UK UCH as per the computer data for my car it doesnt operate the windows.

Hence they have to go through France? well thats what the Renault UK engineer said.

Go back to Reno and work your way up the ladder.................I find the first contact on the phone are usually..............well lets just say "not that great" eh:(.................which is why when I come up against this sort of situation I work my way up the ladder to managers who I have found take more of an interest..................and seem to better appreciate the wait youve had eh;)

And dont stop with the first one if youre still not happy.

Also my dad wrote to Top Gear about an Audi.................and the response was super fast and they bent over backwards to help and gave him the next service (major) FREE:cool:

If you write a letter to Top Gear they immediately contact the Manufacturer and they inturn IMMEDIATELY contact you............cool eh;)

Cya Stu

The UCH spec are the same the one touch passengers window is a computer setup adjustment ie they just have to plug into there computers to adjust it.

Give Renault Uk a call there messing you about that dealership.

The UCH are different they can be missing bits of them at the top which control other bits but they can be ordered in a few days.

I guess the reno engineer knows his stuff regarding programming etc, but they have tried loads of different ones as well.

The last count was 12 in the footwell!!!!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by stu8v on 13 November 2004

I guess the reno engineer knows his stuff regarding programming etc, but they have tried loads of different ones as well.
The last count was 12 in the footwell!!!!!!!!
They wont try loads of different one as once there used once on car there locked to that car as such and have to be binned.

There something else wrong with the car if UCHs keep being changed and they still dont work.

Im not trying to say the techie is lieing or thick just that what they tell you might not be the same as what is realy wrong.

I had problems with my dealer (orpington) my new 182 needed its headlamps replacing coz they wasnt fitted properly causing condensation, it took them 3 attemps to get them in and all those times they kept ordering the wrong parts. I wrote a strong but polite letter to the managing director then the problem got sorted straight away, funny that.....

Rob.

Well new part turned up..................................................

And it didnt work !!

3months and counting

Black 182 + Recaros

Sorry to hear this dragging on. Sounds very familiar. I had a different problem, but the same feking idiots. Cant believe these people do this for a living. They get paid to be total a*s holes.

wouldnt be Dixons Renault Grimsby By any chance? as I live in NE Lincs and they are my closest branch, bunch of tits I tell the!