ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault why r u so crap

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I wish people would realise ALL manufacturers have there horrer stories.. its not just Renault. Although I do sympathise with those unlucky people who get these cars.. luck of the draw I think.

The more complicated a car is, the more technical wizardry they put in them.. the more things can go wrong.. and subsequently do...

well said. the whole reno stereotype does not apply to me or anyone i know who owns renos so i dont know where all this "renos are sh*t" thing is coming from

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

the problem is not that somthing has gone wrong with the car.. its the way the problem is dealt with that counts.

Clio 197

My Willy is approaching 180,000km and although showing the normal signs of wear and tear, seems to be holding up just fine. Considering the life it leads at the moment, I am impressed with its duarbility. Im sure that a Golf would hold up better, but I have no complaints.

i have owned 2 clios over the last 2 years, absoloutely NO problems except for ones that i have made by f**king about, even then it has been sorted well. a few of me mates own clios and thery have also had NO problems, your just unlucky mate

i like this quote the best!

"I am sick of Renault and fed up of having to fight them to get all this sorted. The only Extreme thing about my Clio is its extremely rubbish."

The thing about every manufacturer being bad is not true! Had VWs, Audis and Mercs in the family for 14 years and theyve never had a problem!

Sort it out Reno!

My brother warned me before I brought my car... He said it will cause you head aches from things going wrong all the time. This is from friends of his with renault 19 16vs and clio valvers..... I said no a new one will be fine... they must have sorted out their problems by now.... famous last words!

Astra 1.9cdti XP

I think youll find that every manufacturer has these problem!! Ford, Honda even BMW.....look at the number of recalls that the MINI has had :eek:

Where Renault falls down is Customer Service but I also know other people have exactly the same problem with other manufacturers.

We all own Renaults so we focus our anger on them.

Well yeah my anger is focused.... but come on when has a ford had a gearbox replaced 3 times?? Ive driven lots of cars in me life and have never broken a box... yet get a low powered renault and bang...

GR7

Shiny red R32

Fords are just as bad. It is just that people only complain when something goes wrong, and never make good comments when all goes well.

Clio v6

Oh well I have a funny wee tale to tell today.

My V6 has been off the road for a week awaiting a part which is "BACK ORDERED"

Renault Uk have just informed me that the dealer, LOOKERS SOUTHEND have ordered a part that DOES NOT EXIST. Their computer simply put it on a back order status rather than rejecting the part number.

Lookers Southend assure me they have now ordered the correct part.

Which is ON BACK ORDER :D

Cars are funny old things.

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

BMWs have made some major c**k ups in the last few years - the 2.8 and 4.0 engines for a start....half them had to be replaced and when you look at how many 328s, 528s and 728s there are about, that cant have been cheap!

And VW have recently had problems with coil packs, on near enough all the models they sell...!

So yes many a car manufacturer has problems with their products (in some cases understandable given the volumes and usage) - but as has been said, its the way theyre dealt with which gives credence (or not as the case maybe with renault) to the marque.

Paul

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Exactly my dads BMW 328i has had 2 engine replacements since new. After just about every 2.8l engine had been replaced in the UK did BMW decide to fix the problem in the rather than just keep doing replacements!

GR7

Shiny red R32

We once had a V6 Calibra which from day one had an engine problem, and after about eight weeks in the dealer and a new engine and gearbox which still wasnt right, they decided to give us a new car which was perfectly OK.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Apparently Audis are having huge problems at the moment with starter motor/ignition coil thingys? which can affect ALL MODELS including the TT.

320d M Sport

yeah GR I think thats what PaulM was saying, its the VAG 1.8T engine i think, as seen in the golf, passat, TT, Skoda!! Lots of cars

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 31 March 2003

yeah GR I think thats what PaulM was saying, its the VAG 1.8T engine i think, as seen in the golf, passat, TT, Skoda!! Lots of cars
About three months ago there was an item about this on TVs Watchdog and it involved many thousands of cars and was going to cost the company over 3 million pounds to sort.

Then just before that the same group VW/Audi/Skoda had problems with door locks, apparently it only takes a thin piece of wire in the lock and the drivers window winds down letting the thief in.

A bit before that, there were problems with 406 saloon boot locks, all you had to do was push in the back lock area and the lock burst open and the boots were getting broken into with extreme regularity as the word spread.

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Then there was the other problem with the TT when it first came out....didnt it topple over or take off or something like that....thats why they added that little spoiler thing on the boot.

Never had to deal with renault yet but most forums are full of posts about bad service and un-reliable cars. I must admit that new clio owners appear to have more problems than most newer car owners but its down to luck. Renualt do appear to be slow/bad at sorting out problems. Ive had more good service from Ford/VW than bad for my previous cars but they have been far from perfect.

Reliability and problems with all new cars is shocking when you consider how much money they cost! You would think they could design something a bit more relibable.

Ad

MK2 FRS

I agree renault are far from good. If it is possible to find a good dealer in your area the generally you are sorted. I still stand by my choice and recognise that this part of owning a renault. But I wouldnt have anything but a clio within my budget!!!

How many people can say they regret buying a renault???

I cant!!

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by dash on 31 March 2003

Oh well I have a funny wee tale to tell today.

My V6 has been off the road for a week awaiting a part which is "BACK ORDERED"

Renault Uk have just informed me that the dealer, LOOKERS SOUTHEND have ordered a part that DOES NOT EXIST. Their computer simply put it on a back order status rather than rejecting the part number.

Lookers Southend assure me they have now ordered the correct part.

Which is ON BACK ORDER :D

Cars are funny old things.
The saga continues...

The correct loom for my car turned up this morning.

BUT

They thought the loom was all one. Now they have to order the loom for the other side rear light.

"Which side would you like us to put this loom on Sir"?

"Which side of your arse would you like me to shove it up mate"

Yes I can be rude when provoked by useless fitters.

My dad drives a Vauxhall and has loads of problems, especially with starting and keeping the thing going. No other problems.

My mum drives a ford and she has problems with it starting and keep going. Also has a few rust problems.

I drive a renault and it starts perfectly and never cuts out. The only problems I get are from rattles, but thats my fault. I have low profile tires and a big sub booming out at stupid volumes all the time. So I am slowly working things loose with the vibrations. Its my fault, not renaults. But my mum and dads problems are due to poor design and engineering.

Paul

No thats renaults fault.. poor design and engineering, my car is f**ked after 10k miles...... Ford, vaux not good examples coz I wouldnt buy them either.

Thats true Steve, but they are popular cars. They are probably the most commen on the roads around here. Them and tractors. But if people are buying them in there thousands and they have the problems like my mum and dad have then surely Renault are allowed a few bad examples.

Paul