ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault World Series 2010

SG9 Forester STi
One thing I will add about the show though is how bad the first impressions were of the infield parking. Stephen was awesome at getting my pass last minute and all that was great but when I got there the guys at the entrance to the parking screamed at me to stop (I thought I'd driven over something lol) then they asked if I was on the list. When he saw I was he stepped back, looked at the car and said 'why?' Quite offended I explained it wasn't what it seemed and a few of them came to where I was parked a while later saying they had to come and check as they didn't think I was being truthful when I told them I had an RS engine.

Also some girl decided she had to touch everything on the cars and opened my boot whilst I was sitting in the car, she got a shock and quickly shut it but proceeded to press the boot release button on every other clio in the line.

I had a good time and the majority of it was good but got a bit peeved by a few things.

yeh i can only echo this vick, anyone that saw my car knows it pulls a crowd, im not being bigheaded ;) maybe its a chavs dream or they all know its actually a nail, now i have all the time in the world for someone that actually wants to ask questions but scruffs dropping cig ends over my bonnet that probably cost more than their car... fat kids pressing their zipped up trackies against the car... come on. i had to end up standing next to it, i saw other megs having their doors tested and certain 'people' even kicked my car....

every year i thank Mr Dell as he does an excellent job along with the RAOC, but the attitude of the chap with vicky is bang out... after all they let in a whopper of a pink clio last year and standard chav megs this year.. yet give jip to a girl whose running probably one of the quickest cars on display.

reardless of the negatives, i found this year to be the best RWS i've attended, thank you RUK.

Breaking 172 NV676
One thing I will add about the show though is how bad the first impressions were of the infield parking. Stephen was awesome at getting my pass last minute and all that was great but when I got there the guys at the entrance to the parking screamed at me to stop (I thought I'd driven over something lol) then they asked if I was on the list. When he saw I was he stepped back, looked at the car and said 'why?' Quite offended I explained it wasn't what it seemed and a few of them came to where I was parked a while later saying they had to come and check as they didn't think I was being truthful when I told them I had an RS engine.

Also some girl decided she had to touch everything on the cars and opened my boot whilst I was sitting in the car, she got a shock and quickly shut it but proceeded to press the boot release button on every other clio in the line.

I had a good time and the majority of it was good but got a bit peeved by a few things.

I was there on Sunday, I parked in the normal car park for this reason. Although mine is a 172 cup, when I went last year and was walking around the collectors bit the people letting people in were a bit judgemental for my liking. I know my yellow wheels offend some "renault anoraks" so didn't bother signing up to go in. This is just my experience and personal opinion though.

On a positive note though there was some really nice renault examples, specially the acid green v6, which I am a little in love with along with all vee's to be fair. The racing was good too, only a shame it wasnt a little warmer and less windy

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
FLOL!

You loved them really hunky face, i cannot be arsed taking them off either, everyone walking past the house keeps looking lol

Breaking 172 NV676
I somehow managed to miss that!

I am very surprised they let you in, but probably winged and slagged the car off as you drove in lol.

182cup & 172 racecar
Somebody tried to get my crash helmet out through the side sliding window,tossers.Luck has it that the doors still lock.

BMW E30 325iiiiii
Nice to see all you guys who came to say "Hello",helped make the day go as we had a lot of waiting around to do.

Naith,thanks for your cleaning and guarding duties.You boys from ooop north aint all bad.

Was gonna say hello but u looked distracted, u were due to go on the track, could still see the boot mark on the quarter panel from when u got mad lol
IMG_0810.jpg

182cup & 172 racecar
Should have come over,it was boring waiting there for 20-30 mins,every man and his dog was poking there noses in like I wasn't there lol.

SC Ph1 172 and M140i
Never taking my Williams again :(

Had to stand next to it all day guarding it. The one occassion it was left on its own I have ended up with a nasty scuff on the passenger door where someone had been leaning on it and some kid had wiped their hands all over my dusty bonnet.

Gutted isn't the word.

Artic Blime 182
I told them I had an RS engine.

I was quite impressed with your car, it was me taking pictures when you were trying to clean it :rasp:

i had to end up standing next to it, i saw other megs having their doors tested and certain 'people' even kicked my car....

I went to your car three times on sunday and you weren't there :( roll cage is looking spot on love it! :approve:

S4 Avant
I can understand the frustrations of those who had their cars infield! Lots of people leaning over/opening things up/leaving marks. The concours 5gtt had a lovely mark where some one had run their fingers all down the bonnet. Makes me glad mine got left in a field for the day.

Other thing.... who had the clio that looked like halfords, chromed?

Breaking 172 NV676
I think I saw yours Dave in the field, were you in the field by the entrance to the start/finish line

SG9 Forester STi
I was quite impressed with your car, it was me taking pictures when you were trying to clean it :rasp:

Haha, emphasis on 'trying' :p You should have introduced yourself!!!

If you managed to get any then pm them over if you can :D

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I can understand the frustrations of those who had their cars infield! Lots of people leaning over/opening things up/leaving marks. The concours 5gtt had a lovely mark where some one had run their fingers all down the bonnet. Makes me glad mine got left in a field for the day.

The silver one? That was pretty tragic looking, worse still, the guy looked 50+ :eek:

SG9 Forester STi
Blimey 64! 7000 miles is fantastic but I think he needs to reconsider the styling what with the 17" chromed wheels and funky rear lights.

I heard someone walk past it with a load of mates and he went 'yeah it's to be expected, clios are well chavvy'. Baring in mind that most of the other clio owners were standing by their cars. Posh idiot lol.

200 FF Storm Grey

It was fooking awful, I thought the whole point of the infield parking was to have a few select minters and good examples of what can be done, if I'd known any tom d1ck and harry could go on I would of brought my cleaning stuff down :( Although like you said, probably all safer in the field for the day.

SG9 Forester STi
Yeah they let him in but didn't want to let me through! I certainly wish i'd left mine in the field, at one point a guy lifted his little boy up to see the bottle in the back of the car and his feet were helping him get a better view via the quarter panel :(

BG V6 IL V6 172cup
Blimey 64! 7000 miles is fantastic but I think he needs to reconsider the styling what with the 17" chromed wheels and funky rear lights.

I heard someone walk past it with a load of mates and he went 'yeah it's to be expected, clios are well chavvy'. Baring in mind that most of the other clio owners were standing by their cars. Posh idiot lol.

Your car was looking good on sunday! Mine was the Black 182 on OZ ultraleggera's.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Yeah they let him in but didn't want to let me through! I certainly wish i'd left mine in the field, at one point a guy lifted his little boy up to see the bottle in the back of the car and his feet were helping him get a better view via the quarter panel :(

I hate to say this but it didnt go un-noticed, the fact the tickets were free meant all the wrong un's of the day could come in. Alot of owners complained of finger prints and smearing of the cars, there is simply no need to touch, open , finger anything anywhere near the cars.

My Offside mirror had been pushed in, been it an accident or not, its still a bloody insult these folk find it acceptable to do so.

If i were to suggest changes to next year id definatley say cordoned barriers between the public and the cars, i was appaled the way the 'public' were inclined to the cars, awful. If someone wants a closer look/wants to ask questions, it should be at the owners discretion.

197 Albi Blue
If i were to suggest changes to next year id definatley say cordoned barriers between the public and the cars, i was appaled the way the 'public' were inclined to the cars, awful. If someone wants a closer look/wants to ask questions, it should be at the owners discretion.

I was getting pissed off with everyone touching the bloody small dent on the rear passenger side arch of my 197. Yes there is a dent but there is no need to touch it!!

I suggested to a mashall that we get the tape like police use as barriers to put along infront of all the cars so stop the public from touching them but i got told i was being paranoid about my car!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I was getting pissed off with everyone touching the bloody small dent on the rear passenger side arch of my 197. Yes there is a dent but there is no need to touch it!!

I suggested to a mashall that we get the tape like police use as barriers to put along infront of all the cars so stop the public from touching them but i got told i was being paranoid about my car!

I saw the dent :eek:

You arent being paranoid, quite right i say!