ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renaultsport 172 Oil Filter Change

J

Jim NM

It would appear that Renault have decided to change the size of their oil filter
Under code 82 00 033 408 they supply the Purflux M20 x1,50 iso which is exactly the same one I used on my 5GTT, the depth of it is about half of the original one that they used to supply.

Any comments on this please? :rolleyes:

I bought a filter from Renault a couple of weeks ago - looked the same size as the one I took off.

I'm no expert though (first time I'd even seen an oil filter tbh!) so I might have missed a subtle difference.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
i just buy mine from cafco, same size as the older 16v clio's and costs like £3, would never buy an oil filter from renault. P.S. halfrauds allways sell you the wrong one

Lots of Alfas
When you put the oil filter for the 172 it comes up with 2 codes in the dialogies. Could be a newer/improved version?