ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RenaultSport Clio 3.0 V6 Throttle Body Development Update :-)

Making real headway now with our throttle body conversion for the V6.

Expect the first cars to be completed by Xmas.

Cost - To Be Finalised.

Trumpets here are for demonstration purposes only.

v6bodies33fv.jpg

v6bodies20bi.jpg

v6bodies1oo.jpg

/y0z

Last edited:
Wasting your time if you ask me!! The Clio V6 is the ultimate car on the road, everybody knows that........so why try to make it quicker? :slap:

Clio v6
Interesting drawings. Are you machining these yourself?

Steve we all know the silver Vee's are the quickest, the rest of us have to add loads of toot to keep up with you. :)

Lionel Richie
No James, we've comissioned Jenvey Dynamics to design and manufacture the inlet manifold. They cast and machine it on site

Clio v6
Thanks Fred. I am aware of Jenvey very good people who sorted many Range Rovers for me some years ago.

Yes James, Me and my dremmel ;-) (too late to be funny) :-(

We commissioned Jenvey Dynamics http://www.jenvey.co.uk/ to manufacture these parts for us.

Jenvey manufacture the Throttle bodies on most WRC Rally Cars, ETCC, BTCC - the gillette of induction systems. ;-)

/y0z

Last edited:
  Lionel Richie
James said:
Thanks Fred. I am aware of Jenvey very good people who sorted many Range Rovers for me some years ago.

Every car in the BTCC and ETCC run Jenvey Throttle bodies/body

so yeah they're pretty good LOL

Forester Sti, SC Clio V6,
How much difference with boost!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have enough of an issue with one 74mm throttle plate at low speeds.

Can't wait to see/here this thing - who's car you using for demo - you'll need one without an engine cover and with a bulkhead and with cams to suit(TRW1!!!!!!!!!!!!) oh and NOS.

Lionel Richie
Mike T said:
How much difference with boost!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have enough of an issue with one 74mm throttle plate at low speeds.

Can't wait to see/here this thing - who's car you using for demo - you'll need one without an engine cover and with a bulkhead and with cams to suit(TRW1!!!!!!!!!!!!) oh and NOS.

the bodies we're using can handle upto 6bar EACH!!!

we have a few demo cars in the pipeline, one of which will give you a run for your pennies!!!!

V6 Clio
Waiting to hear the prices with interest.......I think I'm broke though after what I'm committing to over the next few weeks.

rmccardal said:
New version of mspaint is good eh !!

ross3ya.jpg

^^ you look really well in the pictures from the weekend^^

Yes Ross. Well Said.

We are expecting 300 Bhp.

/y0z

Last edited:
  clio 197 f1
i dont suppose you have ever had an inlet manifold made for a 182, i have a set of 4 new single 45mm thottle bodies lying around, last project they never got used.
do jenvey charge alot for one off jobs

I always like CAD drawings.
However is it not possibel to incline the trumpets slightly so you don't have to modify the top of them? What about inclining them so they sit lower?
The trumpets look smaller than the 172 ones are they the same size?

Lionel Richie
Mike T said:
If it does it'll need an uprated clutch -got one?

now i could tell you mike, but that wouldn't be fair

i'm in talks with someone at the moment, i might need you contribution though

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Doubt it'll get finished now. It was 95% done the last time i spoke wi fred, just the wiring to go in.

whats freds new number?

Tried calling him last week and it doesnt work, and he's never on MSN.

lift number 1 @ btm
just to put the cat amongst the pigeons. my flatmates vee is almost finished, and ran 303 bhp with 241ft/lb at owen developments yesterday. and that is currently without the lower cam change!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
just to put the cat amongst the pigeons. my flatmates vee is almost finished, and ran 303 bhp with 241ft/lb at owen developments yesterday. and that is currently without the lower cam change!!

should of been that std! :(

Good work, who done the development work?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
whats freds new number?

Tried calling him last week and it doesnt work, and he's never on MSN.

There's a name i've no seen in a long time. whats the last 3 digits you've got for him?

He is on msn in the evenings

lift number 1 @ btm
it's been at mr glanders place. this is actually the reason that ray has ordered a 3.5 bottom end. i cant wait to see the torque figure once the cam change is sorted.