ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renaultsport Megane R26

BMW M5 & E36
A little update from me. I've not been on here alot recently, partially due to no longer having a Clio (I broke my old Mk1 for bits), but mainly due to a change of job and the daft hours that come with it.

I had a 225 Trophy previously and sold that to buy a Volvo to tow my Clio about. With the Clio gone, I had no need for the Volvo/trailer combo so they were both sold and I started looking for something more 'me' as a new every day car. Various other things were considered, but I kept coming back to the Megane as a good all rounder that suited my needs.

Anyway, I bought this back in October and used it through til the end of February as a daily. Start of March saw me in the new job and with it came a van (a mahoosive great Movano). This means the Megane is now near enough redundant, but on the rare occasion I do get to use it, it feels awesome!

It's been away with Mick at Diamond Motors for a couple of weeks having major surgery (cambelt/aux belt/waterpump/stat/coolant/clutch/flywheel/slave/engine mounts/crank seal/oils+filters/plugs etc etc) and has come back with a clean bill of health. I'd very much recommend Mick, top chap.

I've never really been one for spending great lengths of time cleaning cars, as I prefer to drive them, but I bought a few new 'detailing' goodies and set to. I'm quite chuffed with the outcome, and with it being a weekend toy these days I'll maybe keep ontop of it a little better than usual!

IMG_5559.jpg

IMG_5529.jpg

IMG_5525.jpg

IMG_5531.jpg

IMG_5534.jpg

IMG_5555.jpg

IMG_5536.jpg

IMG_5539.jpg

IMG_5551.jpg

IMG_5522.jpg

IMG_5533.jpg

Chris

225 Cup & Williams
Looks Lovely mate. Thats the old style Miltek John my bro just removed the exact same back box off his 225.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Looks very nice! Whats the plate all about??

(And i'm really sorry, but that subframe that was on your shell, was it a williams one? I can't really measure it against mine as mine was/is battered and twisted.)

BMW M5 & E36
Lovely, that. Nice buy.

Cheers. I could have bought something a bit less sensible if I'd known a van was going to be on the cards, but I'm happy with it for the time being! 283hp no doubt helps.

Looks awesome Chris, miss you x

Fanks x

Very nice mate, what exhaust is that? Looks spot on

Yep, as said it's the old Miltek. Not ever so keen on the style of the tips, so I might change them at some point, but it's a decent enough system.

Looks Lovely mate. Thats the old style Miltek John my bro just removed the exact same back box off his 225.

Correct, cheers :)

Looks very nice! Whats the plate all about??

(And i'm really sorry, but that subframe that was on your shell, was it a williams one? I can't really measure it against mine as mine was/is battered and twisted.)

The plate was Dads (his initials), so it's quite sentimental. Just a standard 16v subframe!

225 Cup & Williams
Round tailpipes look so much better now I think. I would love a black r26 but I would notice a scratch or something everytime I cleaned it.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Used to work in Newark, running an M3 to Newark 5 days a week was pretty heavy in the wallet though lol. Work as an account manager at HomeLet now (2nd pic down)

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member
Think you can buy the other miltek backbox that has round tailpipes ,and just change that instead of the whole system

BMW M5 & E36
Think you can buy the other miltek backbox that has round tailpipes ,and just change that instead of the whole system

Yeah I was having a quick look yesterday and K-tec sell the round tipped backbox alone for £250, quite hefty I thought. I'll maybe see about getting this one modified instead. No great rush either way though!

Also quite fancy an R26.r spoiler, thoughts?