ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Repairing Pioneer Sub Harness Help

I have a second hand Pioneer TS-WX77A slimline sub to fit, however instead of usual robust amp connections, Pioneer have put all the power and audio inputs onto a harness connector - over the years the pins have weakened and two have broken. The previous owner bodged up one of the earths, but now one of the audio pins has also broken.

IMG_2513_zps111a1176.jpg

Any ideas on the best way to fix this? I guess taking the pins out and fitting new is an option, but it doesn't look like it is designed to have the pins removed. I have tried to find a replacement connector anywhere to buy, does anyone know if it has a specific name? I tried 5 x 2 connector, 10 pin harness connector etc and the closest I got was this from the States:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/PION...3204&clkid=2493932688607413828&_qi=RTM1889342

Looks like a mirror image of what I have. but also missing one of the pins.

Alternatively I could try and get in touch for a replacement from Pioneer, but am looking for a cheaper fix really.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
You'll need the pins and a special crimping tool for them aswell though...

I'm off work all this week otherwise I'd of made one up for you

No worries, it's a good chance for me to learn something. So far this is in my shopping basket (ignore the pic of the molex plug, the picture is generic), what is the cheapest crimping tool I can get away with for this job?

2014-12-0813_22_19-YoureBayshoppingbasket_zps56553331.png

Looking around some forums, most people seem to get away with needlenose pliers, I will be going for that option!

Cheers for the help