ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replace or refurb

Tin.tin

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Evening chaps

Looking to replace/refresh the 4 bolts that hold the engine mount to chassis.

Thought about soaking but don't fancy leaving the engine up too long.

Anyone know a good replacement bolt or any such thing as a fast acting soak?

Cheers

IMG_2015.jpeg

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
They’re an M10 hex bolt - 45 mm in length. You’ll need a heavy duty washer mind, otherwise they’ll bend when you torque them down. Here’s the part number 7703019198 but NLA I’m afraid.

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Also a high tensile 10.9 bolt from memory so just bear that in mind if you go aftermarket replacement 👍🏻

Tin.tin

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
They’re an M10 hex bolt - 45 mm in length. You’ll need a heavy duty washer mind, otherwise they’ll bend when you torque them down. Here’s the part number 7703019198 but NLA I’m afraid.
Cheers will try cleaning if no good I’ll start searching!

Tin.tin

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Take them out and stick them in a tub of citric acid mixed with water. Will be clean of rust in a day or so, paint and refit.
Maybe a bit daft but would I be correct in thinking I can take the 4 bolts out without engine falling ? With jack under of corse but don’t want to rely on jack for an extended period.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Maybe a bit daft but would I be correct in thinking I can take the 4 bolts out without engine falling ? With jack under of corse but don’t want to rely on jack for an extended period.

Absolutely fine removing the 4 bolts holding the mount to the inner wing without supporting the engine. Engine wont move anywhere aslong as its not driven.