ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

replaced exhaust, now making an odd noise

182 Cup
I'm beginning to think we haven't sealed the joints very wellbas I'm getting a fair bit of noise.

Bought a Miltek from roadrunner motorsport in nottingham. So we had the centre section, a backbox and then a fitting kit:- 2 flared ends to fit into the centre section, to then clamp to the cat. I thought I'd chosen the best fit. And three circular clamps clamps.

We also used a small amount of exhaust cement to try and seal the joints. I'm thinking now this might not have been the best to do, and its the reason. But we only used 2 of the circular clamps as it didn't look like it needed more. Should we have used all three?

For information, the exhaust is very loud and sounds like its escaping before the backboxes. Didn't think the noise was right with what people said about Milteks and noise.

Have I fcuked up then? or is the centre section to cat clamp that rubbish?

G

p.s. is there supposed to be an exhaust gasket on the cat to centre section join or should it be metal to metal?

Changes to often
i cant remember if there is supposed to be a ring gasket where the cat joined the mid section. could try some exhaust paste.