ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replaced OEM 172 head unit

172 Cup (track) FS
Got fed up already of the poor quality Renault head unit.

Even though I've bought the car for the track (and the rear trim/speakers are likely to be gone soon) I'll be doing long journeys round the country so reasonable quality audio is essential for me.

Have to admit I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to car audio but I bit my lip and went to Halfords to find a cheap head unit replacement.

Ended up fitting the Sony CDX-GT111 - cost £69-99 for the black version. Can be bought cheaper elsewhere but wanted it today as I've lost the code for the OEM unit anyway and the battery's been disconnected for the last week so had no audio.

The unit just connects straight to the OEM plastic wiring blocks and making sure the cage was secure took longer than the wiring. Job done in 15 mins.

And what an improvement ! OK so it's not a patch on the JL setup in my R32 but very impressive for under 70 quid. The standard speakers cope well up to about 3/4 volume and it's now perfectly fine for those long trips back home and queuing on the M25.
B000K672BE.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Result ! :D