ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacement coil pack?

cattlerustler

ClioSport Club Member
  Exige S Clio Cup
I want to buy a new coil pack for my low pressure turbo 182, don't want to buy cheap and regret it, I want to buy right and keep the old as a spare. My car is track day toy and therefore don't want to ruin a track day over a cheap part I can keep as a spare.
What is the right one to buy?

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=4145

Many bargains to be had through GSF / Eurocarparts but genuine always recommended. Remember getting a brand new unit (Lucas I think) on Ebay many years ago for a £5 and have keep it in a box as a spare. The original ones are pretty durable in all honesty and mine has not failed in almost 8 years.....

I want to buy a new coil pack for my low pressure turbo 182, don't want to buy cheap and regret it, I want to buy right and keep the old as a spare. My car is track day toy and therefore don't want to ruin a track day over a cheap part I can keep as a spare.
What is the right one to buy?
I've never heard off one going wrong or fixing a misfire problem.
The genuine ones are made buy sagem, Beru make the ht leeds and sell coils to the aftermarket.

dan's cast offs.
I've never heard off one going wrong or fixing a misfire problem.
The genuine ones are made buy sagem, Beru make the ht leeds and sell coils to the aftermarket.

they last well but had a couple recently playing up.

cattlerustler

ClioSport Club Member
  Exige S Clio Cup
Thanks all, going to just get a cheap one as a spare to carry as it seems unlikely it will go wrong, saves having too much cash tied up in spares.