ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacement engine needed?

Golf MK4 TDI
Hi guys, got a few questions that need answered and would appreciate any info or advice anyone has to offer.

I've got an old 2000 clio with a 1.9 DTI engine.

The timing belt snapped and the cam shaft has been snapped in half. The frame part that holds the camshaft in place is snapped also.

We've decided to repalce the engine rather than trying to rebuild it.

Not being familiar with renaults (drive a vw golf :rasp:) I wonder if anyone could point me in the direction of finding my engine code.

Also is there anything else required when doing an engine change like coding it in or clearing fault codes that may appear?

Cheers

Heres a pic of the engine :eek:
13122008240.gif

13122008241.gif

Golf MK4 TDI
Will give them a ring in the morning. Cheers

Been quoted £345 for an engine with 52k on it local. Is this about right...its the cheapest i've been quoted.

It only had 59k on it anyway :O

www.renparts.co.uk
yeh if you need an engine code just give me your reg and ill have a look, quite hard engines to come by especially at the moment it seems so price doesn't seem unreasonable, Sell your old one on eBay for spares, you should get 100 for it.

Megane dci 130
Iv had that before on a kangoo. Same engine, the pistons where fine so a second hand head was put on and it was fine. It may be cheaper to source just a head.