ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacement steering wheel

RenaultSport 172
It will but you have modify some part of it. Not done it myself but I'm sure someone who has can let you know exactly what to do

clio mk3
Dear friends
I have a problem with the steering wheel of my clio mk3 1,4 petrol engine.
There is an income message steering wheel foult and the steering comes to heavy.
After the mechanic check we found that the ECU of the steering wheel was foulty.
I replaced the unit with one used column but the car didn't start up because of the codes that the ECU has on the memory from the previous car.
After that I sent the ECU to remove the Codes.
Know I have the same problem. The ECU is blank from codes the income worning stay the same and the car don't start up.
In my mind I think that if you don't clear the foult before you install the unit that may cause the problem that the car don't start up.
Can anyone review and advice.
Thank you very much
Theodoros
From Cyprus

clio mk3
Dear friends
I have a problem with the steering wheel of my clio mk3 1,4 petrol engine.
There is an income message steering wheel foult.
After the mechanic check we found that the ECU of the steering wheel was foulty.
I replaced the unit with one used column but the car didn't start up because of the codes that the ECU has on the memory from the previous car.
After that I sent the ECU to remove the Codes.
Know I have the same problem. The ECU is blank from codes the income worning stay the same and the car don't start up.
In my mind I think that if you don't clear the foult before you install the unit tha may cause the problem that the car don't start up.
Can anyone review and advice.
Thank you very much
Theodoros
From Cyprus

Phase 1 172
I thought about doing this in my phase 1 172 let me know if you hear anymore on what's involved in fitting a 197 wheel