ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacement Xenon Bulbs for a 182 FF

Hello all, Driving the car this morning and noticed i had a head light out. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a supplier/type of bulb to replace it with? I found a renault D2S type bulb on euro car parts for the HID xenons I have, but its £82.99! Does anyone know of any places that do good ones for cheaper? Also need to know what type of side light fitment is required as I don't have my instruction book with me. Help appreciated, thanks!

Thanks for the responses, I was hoping for something a little more immediate as I use my car alot, anyone know of a place I can go to and get them? I'm in hertfordshire.

Last edited:
  RB FF 182
I've never seen anywhere that sells them off the shelf unfortunately. Mine came next day when I ordered them from HIDs-4-u

Surely their must be somewhere that sells them off the shelf as that's where they start off in the first place!? If i can't find any i'll just have to order some, did you go for the additional £5 for faster postage to get them next day?

RB FF 182
Yeah I did, maybe a local motor factor... but if they get the part from Renault your back to where you started and paying well over the odds! By the way, always replace Xenons in pairs otherwise you'll have two different colours!!

I have some 8000k bulbs sat at home but wouldn't be able to post til tomorrow (next day delivery). If you were totally stuck I'd only want £40 delivered, they were only in the car a few months, I swapped them because they were a little to blue for my liking.

Also, is that bulb that has gone permanently off?? As there are a couple of other components that can cause it not to ignite. (Balast, and starter pack)

If you have time, remove the bumper (you'll need to do this to fit the new bulbs safely anyway!) and take out the headlights, and swap each component over to the other side (balasts first is what I did, followed by the starter pack). If the problem moves to the other side of the car you know it's not the bulbs. Starter packs can be picked up on eBay for around £10 - £15. Balasts I'd imagine you could get for £35 - £50??

Cheers for the advice, i'll give it a try but i think im just gonna get some 6000k bulbs, have a go at fitting them and hopefully both will come on. I'll do that fault finding stuff afterwards if they don't.

Managed to get some of the ones from a seller on ebay (that some people are dodgy) that lives a 5 minute drive from my house a little while ago. He's offered me a 6 month warranty and for £35 for a pair it's worth a punt, went for the 6000k. I'm going to attempt to fit them tomorrow without removing the bumper as i've heard you can but we'll see how it goes as I did the side lights earlier and they were fiddley.

RB FF 182
Cool. The bulbs are really long so youll struggle. One slight slip and the bulbs Knackered. Bumper comes off in 2 minutes. Better safe than sorry. You'll see what I mean when your holding the bulb.

Ok so how do i go about removing the bumper? I know you have to take the grill off, and then i found a bolt just under the wheel arch (on both sides) that looks like it's holding the top corners of the bumper in, where are the rest of the bolts?

RB FF 182
Well worth it mate.

It's two bolts and about 10 torx screws. Then it just unclips either side and lifts off. Membership is well worth it. I've already saved more than enough on discounts etc.

Well worth it mate.

It's two bolts and about 10 torx screws. Then it just unclips either side and lifts off. Membership is well worth it. I've already saved more than enough on discounts etc.

Yeah it's not a case of the money, it's just I haven't had a need for full membership as of yet but the majority of people on here are club members so I suppose I should pay/contribute aswell really.