ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing a Xenon bulb

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Considering taking this on as i've been quoted £240 for a pair fitted by John Clarke.

http://www.ppcgb.com/BMW/Z4-M-2006-...---Parts/pt70_70_1726_-cma578-cmo1308-ct1309/

My question on fitting it...how? Noone on a Z4M has had to replace one! :S very bizarre!

Regardless, access is via the wheel arch, but i have no idea what i'm expecting. Physically, how does a Xenon bulb fit, get wired, etc etc, i've never done one.

A few of the boys with E46's have said it's a 5mins job, but i'm a/concerned about the Voltage and b/the fitment of it? the dark nights arn't helping matters!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's a piece of pish. Take the bumper off, Ali and take the headlight out. It's the best way.

Wasn't Renault billing customers £200+ for fitting their laguna bulbs when it first came out?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Are you on about the Z4 or the clio? The link is to a Z4 bulb but you've posted in the clio bit :eek:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
For the Z4.

Gally, take the bumper off!!! You taking the piss, i live in a flat, i've got a collection of screw drivers, a drill and a pair of snips. Thats it!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
13 minute job iirc. :eek:

Held on by 20x 8mm headed screws.

Good luck replacing it without taking the bumper off. Although you do have tiny hands.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
How much room do you have on the M?

The Clios are a ten minute job once you have the bumper off. But the Z will be harder, guaranteed.

Just be thankful it's not an S2000.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
How much room do you have on the M?

The Clios are a ten minute job once you have the bumper off. But the Z will be harder, guaranteed.

Just be thankful it's not an S2000.

With 19's on it, very little, apparently you can access it on full lock tho, but not many people have had to, nor have 19's! I'll have a proper look this weekend.

What holds the bulb in? Is there a wire to the ballast/ignitor thing?

DCi 100
Local car park, shovel, over head lighting, wheel bar from the spare kit?

I thought you took your vee apart yourself?

Asking a garage to torque you wheel bolts will be a damn sight cheaper than the original price! I guess money is to be made with people who are above and superior to getting their hands dirty eh?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Local car park, shovel, over head lighting, wheel bar from the spare kit?

I thought you took your vee apart yourself?

Asking a garage to torque you wheel bolts will be a damn sight cheaper than the original price! I guess money is to be made with people who are above and superior to getting their hands dirty eh?

Look Douche bag! - This is for Z4, a car i've barely looked at let alone taken things off.

For starters it doesn't come with any tools to get wheels off, second of all, who the hell goes to a car park to do maintenance work?! (Well that seems to be evident from your post)

View attachment 48918

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Pmsl! He's does go off on one now and again!

No fanbelt though! Poor rant! :(

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Fanbelt! Awesome!

I will get my local boff's to fit them, £30 or something and saves me getting my "superior hands dirty!" with the tools i don't have in the first place.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Alex actually wishes he'd never have posted in the first place!

Not at all my friend, I was under the impression you did have superior hands... That's what Alan has told me anyway...

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Ill bet mate, often im in the same predicament, the difference between myself and you is my old man being 4 miles away and enough tools to take the apollo space shuttle apart :eek: lol

DCi 100
Look Douche bag! - This is for Z4, a car i've barely looked at let alone taken things off.

For starters it doesn't come with any tools to get wheels off, second of all, who the hell goes to a car park to do maintenance work?! (Well that seems to be evident from your post)

:clap:

It's a light! Regardless of car park or not. Lol at the lack of it having a spare wheel kit!

Alex actually wishes he'd never have posted in the first place!

:eek: