ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

replacing alcantara on door panels

corsa D / 172 clio
does anyone know if is possible to remove the panel from the door card that has got the alcantara on it?

i thought i would ask before i try and fail and bugger up the whole door card! lol

cheers:D

1.2 16v clio
the rear u can but the front you will struggle as you will have to tear it off from the card and padding/underlay

i tried and got annoyed and ended up going back to my old cards lol

corsa D / 172 clio
thanks for the advise mate

i thought as much but just thought i would ask before i ended up knackering them! lol

corsa D / 172 clio
Chris, I have a set of front alcantara door cards for sale if you are interested.

thanks for the offer Pete but ive got some already as im putting focals in the front and didn't want to cut the cup ones around.

this was just find out if i could change the colour of the alcantara to a lighter grey to match up with the cup interior but it looks like its a non starter!

1.2 16v clio
if they are 6.5 focals you could always make a pod for them or do what i done make a mdf spacer and a cover to house them in the 5.25 space :)

corsa D / 172 clio
if they are 6.5 focals you could always make a pod for them or do what i done make a mdf spacer and a cover to house them in the 5.25 space :)

they are 17cm ones

i would be very interested in seeing what you have done with yours tho mate

ITB BG 182
Its just as easy to take the door card off, cut the space out of the rear, have a 21mm thick mdf ring made up and back it all to the door. Took me an hour once I got started properly.

corsa D / 172 clio
Its just as easy to take the door card off, cut the space out of the rear, have a 21mm thick mdf ring made up and back it all to the door. Took me an hour once I got started properly.

thanks for the info mate

if i cut the back out of the panel what about the water that comes in as it will remove the splash guard that protects the back of the speaker (or is this not a issue as there's hardly going to be a tsunami coming in)

1.2 16v clio
IMAG0224.jpg

only pic i have of it mate but the mdf adapter is cut to the whole shape of the recess and thined out on certain area's to get the speakers as level as possible the cover was designed originally for these speakers
4-7DC741BA-980847-800.jpg

corsa D / 172 clio
thanks for the pics mate

tbh i never thought of doing it that way!

it will sound loads better too without the speaker being buried in the door nice one!!

1.2 16v clio
its an easier way and safer way then cutting the cover off and risking getting the speakers wet

1.2 16v clio
thanks :) hopefully my next door cards will look better since im going for 2 6.5's in each door and getting rid of the storage bits

1.2 16v clio
i personally hate 6x9's just stick to something like 17cm and 13cm or if you want to build a pod just go for 8's lol

corsa D / 172 clio
the focals ive got are really nice but only really give good mid and tops

cant be bothered to put the sub and box etc in this time as it weighs a ton!! so thought the 6 x 9s would bass it up a bit?

they dont need to go into the front doors i could just panel them into the back

the focals ive got are really nice but only really give good mid and tops

cant be bothered to put the sub and box etc in this time as it weighs a ton!! so thought the 6 x 9s would bass it up a bit?

they dont need to go into the front doors i could just panel them into the back

my 6x9's didnt really add much bass... the sub did though! ;)

ITB BG 182
thanks for the info mate

if i cut the back out of the panel what about the water that comes in as it will remove the splash guard that protects the back of the speaker (or is this not a issue as there's hardly going to be a tsunami coming in)
Its still best to cover them on the back for just incase, I got some thing called rain coat that stops water falling on the back of the speaker, you can also use a decent plastic to cover the upper half but leave it loose around the back but fastened some where so it dont blow off.

Its all well and good putting your speaker on the outside, I just hope you live in a nice area as any want to be theives will break in and possibly take em...

corsa D / 172 clio
Its still best to cover them on the back for just incase, I got some thing called rain coat that stops water falling on the back of the speaker, you can also use a decent plastic to cover the upper half but leave it loose around the back but fastened some where so it dont blow off.

Its all well and good putting your speaker on the outside, I just hope you live in a nice area as any want to be theives will break in and possibly take em...

thanks for the advice mate

i must admit i was thinking the same thing about having them on show and attracting attention that there must be something worth nicking fitted along with the speakers!

im going to be using the standard head unit with a good quality voltage dropper feeding a small kenwood kgc 4042 equaliser (in glove box) which will in turn connect to a 4 channel alpine amp (4 x 50 rms).
i used it all in my other 182 and it sounded great.
im completely stacked out with carbon orders at the minute so this is going to have to wait for a while anyway but its great that everyone is willing to give advise and help!