ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing iPhone 4S screen

Ph1 T
Anyone done this themselfs? How hard is it and where do you get the screen from?

I know it takes people that do it around 15 min So thought surely it can't be too difficult

Corsa SXi
I've replaced a few, I don't find it very difficult, however the screen is the last thing on the 4 and 4S IIRC, where as on the 3G and 3GS it was the first thing you remove, so will probably take you some time for your first go.The tiny screws can be a bit frustrating too.

Clio 172
What I did, was draw an outline of a 4S on a price of paper, and stuck every screw and component in their location on the paper, and put a number next to it (starting at 1, working way up) so I knew what was first to come off.

Mine could of been simple, it was replaced before by a shop, and every screw was f**king rounded.

Bus w**ker
15 minutes? You must be having a f**king laugh. First one I did took me nearly 3 hours. I can do them in about an hour now and I'd not rush to do it either, it's not easy or straight forward.

I bought legit Apple parts for my 4, but my mates got snides for his 4S and he is happy enough. I've got a snide to fit, when the phone gets dropped off, so I'll see for myself what they're like. Think it was about £17 delivered.

Ph1 T
Just bought replacement screen and digitiser cost me £23..

I'm not saying I could do it in 15 min the company I phoned that does them said they would have it done in 15 min!