ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing standard speakers

Megane 265 Cup
Ok, so, I am going to look at replacing the standard speakers in the car with some with a bit more kick.

I am not the most clued in on audio equipment so am hoping some of you guys can help. All I really want to put in is new doorcard speakers and replace the old crappy ones. Will a new headunit be enough to power some better speakers or what is the best way to go about doing it, I want to avoid having to buy an amp to be honest.

I am just looking for a bit more bass and kick, nothing crazy obviously, just better quality sound.

Can anyone recommend some good speakers for the door cards lets say no more than £60 a pair and a decent HU that will give them a good power supply?

Thanks

Looking for 182
I've seen these mentioned a fair few times as they are a straight swap for the current speakers. I think they'll provide an adequate upgrade in quality for those of us who aren't complete "audiophiles".

For the money I think they're worth a try. I'll probably pick some up when I upgrade my HU.

Listerine & Poledo
yeah, straight swap.

you'd do better to u;pgrade head unit first though. You can get alpine ones that dont make your dash-top display redundant too

Clio 182
yeah, straight swap.

you'd do better to u;pgrade head unit first though. You can get alpine ones that dont make your dash-top display redundant too

Which headunit will do this? I am currently looking to upgrade my headunit and this feature would defo be nice....

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've fitted the pioneer OE replacement speakers in the front and so fair I'm pleased with them, the OE head unit seems ok for them also.

Interested in these Alpine head units also......