ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing the aircon/heater fan 172 ph2

Hi All,

When i bought my clio the aircon/heater fan was always very loud. So much so that i avoided having it on full blast. It seemed as if the fan was spinning incorrectly or loosely.

Recently it has finally given up the ghost. You can tell/hear it still spins, however it is now extremely loud and obviously catching on things as it spins in the assembly.

I have purchased a new unit from someone breaking a 172 but need help trying to remove and replace the unit i currently have. (it is much bigger than i thought!)
Has anyone done this before? Am i able to just replace the section with the fan in or will the whole assembly have to be replaced.

Many thanks in advance!

Henry

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
The fan is secured by a handful of 6mm screws. If you got a good selection of tools available you can leave the box in place and remove the fan unit if not you'll have to remove the blower unit completely which is 5-6 10 or 13 mm bolts located in the scuttle and drivers footwell.

Where are you in this wonderful country?

The fan is secured by a handful of 6mm screws. If you got a good selection of tools available you can leave the box in place and remove the fan unit if not you'll have to remove the blower unit completely which is 5-6 10 or 13 mm bolts located in the scuttle and drivers footwell.

Where are you in this wonderful country?

Thanks for your help, managed to get the old fan unit out, it was in pieces! Put a replacement in and it's all sorted!

Thanks again!

Henry