ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing the radio stalk

I'm in progress of finding faults with the radio system. Looking for someone who has a standard HU to test whether my HU is faulty or not as the stalk doesnt work at all.

Once plugged in to my standard HU is stop the HU volume from working it mutes and stays there permanently.

But also when i bought this car the stalk had been broken off so he bonded it in :/ so i kind of need a brand new one putting in.

Ive seen a guide on here for taking apart and removing the stalk on a PH1. Maybe that will be the same for my MK2 182 i hope.

Is there anything i should know about removing the stalk? Easy way of testing if it works?

Can get my hands on a multimeter if needed.

And how much are these stalks btw.

​Thanks

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
There's a guide in the guides section about how to remove a Squib ring on a Mk2. If you look through that, one of the steps is removing the stalk.

Found that thanks. Just to clarify as ive never heard of a squib before... There is the ring that the steering wheel sits on and then the part behind that holds the stalk, indicators etc..

Which is called the squib? Or is it the whole unit as if the fitting inside is broken i will need a whole new peice :cry: