ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replica Sideskirts Help....

I've bought some replica sideskirts and had them sprayed already, got them off ebay from 'carlovincriminals' which i've heard is where most people seem to get them from.

I've been told I need some C shaped cups from Renault that you then have to drill into your sill so the side skirt will sit flush against it... :S

Has someone fit them by themselves who could help me out please?

I've always wondered whether No More Nails would work...

I couldn't find any tiger seal so bought some No More nails type sealent (Not Glue) It's like a white bathroom sealent and the guy from Halfrauds told me it would be fine... :cool:

nah, it says its waterproof. It's basically bathroom sealent but sticks loads of other things aswell...

172 and vw passat
nah, it says its waterproof. It's basically bathroom sealent but sticks loads of other things aswell...

I use it all the time (as im a joiner) but couldent amagine it working. as you would need to put a thin layer on it or it will bludge out, but maybe im wrong.

Never above 25mpg
I though self tapping screws in the back would do? Im quite keen on this as Im looking to get some rep skirts soon

I thought that to mate, I was just concerned that I might need these C shaped cup things otherwise they don't slit flush (mine seem to be bent a little so take some pushing to make them sit flush.

LY 182
sikaflex! your flexible freind..

you'd be surprised how many parts of cars i've managed to glue on with this stuff

1.2 Dynamique billabong
i think self tapping screw and adhessive will be fine. tape the skirt in place whilst it dries. and if it still isnt sitting flush then find something to hold the skirt in place. one suggestion is to park the car near a wall then use the wheel jack between the wall and the skirt. windding it out to push the skirt flush

i think self tapping screw and adhessive will be fine. tape the skirt in place whilst it dries. and if it still isnt sitting flush then find something to hold the skirt in place. one suggestion is to park the car near a wall then use the wheel jack between the wall and the skirt. windding it out to push the skirt flush

Cheers for that Jim :)

Sounds like a plan mate!

Also Ditz, I will try and get some sikaflex and see what thats like lol

1.2 Dynamique billabong
i bought this mate,
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BODY-KIT-BODY...ryZ72207QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
just waiting for it to arrive, if you go on their website they supply body shops so it should be decent.

as for self tapping screws, i did one in each end and about 5 underneath. i did a dry fit, drilling all the holes before painting the skirts. this is what they looked like on on the test fit.

skirts1.jpg

skirts2.jpg

They look smart mate, have/can you get some pics of where you did the 5 self tappers underneath?

Also did you use any C cups from Renault that the 172/182's seem to have?

Cheers

1.2 Dynamique billabong
yeah mate sure i will get some tomorrow. but basicly the are about an inch in from the back for the skirt (car sill), going straight up into the textured bit of body work.
to get a screw in to the rear end one i had to take the wheel off, also as my car was lowered i had to jack it up to get the drill to fit, luckily i was able to borrow some axels stands and a trolley jack

and nope i didnt use the c cups, i dont think you need them mate only on genuine RS skirts

1.2 Dynamique billabong
no worries mate, i would recommend having someone else there to help you as it can be quite fiddley. i used the standard jack to raise the skirt up into place as a base starting point. the screws will hold it in place but the skirt will still require 'pushing in' to the car along the top edge. on reason i picked that adhesive over others its that it drys quicker.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
the c clamp things carnivous was talking about are what is normally used for standard 172/182 side skirts, plus some pop rivets on the bottom of the skirts. the c things are just flexible plastic things like what hold the door bump strips on.

clio dynamique 2004
i got my side skirts off k-techracing man they am nice 2 b fer! expensive tho. all i used was the fixin screws it come with which some screws went in the metal lip at the botom and i used clear silicon to bond it to the body ;)

RenaultSport 172.
i used no more nails on my old 16v spoiler on the mk1....You could hang of it and it wouldnt budge :)

...tiger seal is awesome though if you can get some!