ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reset Amazon tablet

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I've got a Fire HD 8 kids tablet that we've had for a couple of years. Unfortunately the Kids+ service isn't available in Poland and the tablet is basically useless. I've done a factory reset but it still knows it's a kids tablet and won't let me past the "activate kids+" screen.

The tablet is identical to the adult version, so is there a way of removing the kids nonsense and making it think it's a normal tablet instead? Like flashing the firmware or something?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You could probably jailbreak it easily with a computer or laptop. But the concept is it's set up by Amazon like that. Think that's also why it's cheaper v

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
You can just login as an adult user and its like using a normal android tablet. At the top right there should be a round user symbol - probably some fluffy noncey animal picture. Press that (or hold it) and you should get a pop up menu asking to select a user. Hit the adult one, spend several hours trying to remember what password you set when you first got it and go from there.

I would be astounded if there isn't a cheap VPN that can be installed on it to make it think she's still in the UK.

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
You can just login as an adult user and its like using a normal android tablet. At the top right there should be a round user symbol - probably some fluffy noncey animal picture. Press that (or hold it) and you should get a pop up menu asking to select a user. Hit the adult one, spend several hours trying to remember what password you set when you first got it and go from there.

I would be astounded if there isn't a cheap VPN that can be installed on it to make it think she's still in the UK.
The thing I want to do is to run the tablet as a normal user, and then have a child profile with parental controls so she can use it without the risk of accidentally buying loads of s**t. This is possible on an adult tablet, but the kids one locks the child out completely. I could use it without issue, but as soon as I went to her profile everything was blocked. Tried removing and adding her again, but that still didn't work, hence me trying to reset it.

The worst part is that it still had some limited functionality before I reset, like Netflix and a couple of books, but once I logged back in it wouldn't even let me past the first screen 😂

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
The thing I want to do is to run the tablet as a normal user, and then have a child profile with parental controls so she can use it without the risk of accidentally buying loads of s**t. This is possible on an adult tablet, but the kids one locks the child out completely. I could use it without issue, but as soon as I went to her profile everything was blocked. Tried removing and adding her again, but that still didn't work, hence me trying to reset it.

The worst part is that it still had some limited functionality before I reset, like Netflix and a couple of books, but once I logged back in it wouldn't even let me past the first screen 😂
What time is she due home Steve? Guess the clock is ticking on this one :ROFLMAO: