ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Resetting ECU

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
Hi,
I was having a bit of trouble with my car cutting out recently - in fact its been doing it ever since i got it (2001).

It has beenn back into the garage numerous times for clip diagnostics and everytime it comes out with a different "fix" it goes ok for about 6 month then starts playing up again.

I was reading from someone that resetting ECU can help.

Can this be done without CLIP - I was reading disconnecting battery for an hour or so does this.

I thought its worth a bash.

All help info on how to reset ECU or how to stop my car cutting out much appreciated.

Mike

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
Cool - Ive just done that but I was reading on another post that this does not reset the ECU.

Im going to drive it in a bit - if its loads better then its worked but I was just wondering.

Cheers

Renault clio 1.2 RT
do u reckon i should do that wid myn as myn is still fucked cuttin out spluttering and that flat spots wen i put me foot down ive changed the plugs ht leads and had all the throttle sensors of about an hour ago and it went ok but started agen as i was coming in from a lil blast .

i got it checked they feller sed the comp cum up with an error code for the THROTTLE RESISTER VALVE :s wat ever that is he sed clean it all up try it so i did and still the same

its these new electrical shite clios, fucked if i'll ever buy one, give me a good oold fashoned car that actually has some sort of mechanical engineering in it any day rather than being one big fat computer

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
harvey2k6clio1.2 said:
do u reckon i should do that wid myn as myn is still f**ked cuttin out spluttering and that flat spots wen i put me foot down ive changed the plugs ht leads and had all the throttle sensors of about an hour ago and it went ok but started agen as i was coming in from a lil blast .

i got it checked they feller sed the comp cum up with an error code for the THROTTLE RESISTER VALVE :s wat ever that is he sed clean it all up try it so i did and still the same

Worth a try mate with the ECU - just make sure you have the radio code - ive misplaced mine so its going to be a boring drive to work in the morning.

Also have you changed the coils? - if youve not it could be an option

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
Lunner said:
its these new electrical sh*te clios, f**ked if i'll ever buy one, give me a good oold fashoned car that actually has some sort of mechanical engineering in it any day rather than being one big fat computer

Tell me about it mate - f**king electrics cause all the problems :mad:

Also when something does go wring they charge what they want to fix it cos unless youve got the software and stuff you havent got a clue whats going on