ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Resident Evil 6

Evo 8 MR
I got mine through the post yesterday, was well surprised.

I'm almost at the end of Leon's campaign, so far I'd say it's so so.

2003 1.2 billabong
hows everyone going with this ? i just finished leon's campaign and its ok, still quite far off the old school RE experience that i miss, might have to buy a ps3 so i can get the old ones

A SHED!
Why is it always the people with only PSN in their ID tag that say really stoopid and uninformative stuff lol.

I assume you mean me there? let me clarify, the controls are poor, the camera angle is irritating when running and I prefer the old style RE series, but hey it's only a demo. I'm sure it'll will be an excellent game. However, the relevance of my psn tag to my previous post is something I don't make a connection with. I hope this is more informative for you as you are clearly a fanboy of the series and i can appreciate that.

Evo 8 MR
Doesn't surprise me really, I've done Leon and Chris' campaigns and I can't really be bothered to do Jakes tbh.

They should either call an end to the franchise or go back to it's roots before they send the Resident Evil name further down the crapper.

'04 Clio 1.6
hows everyone going with this ? i just finished leon's campaign and its ok, still quite far off the old school RE experience that i miss, might have to buy a ps3 so i can get the old ones

Grab yourself a Gamecube instead bud. RE 0, 1 Remake are exclusive to it. 2, 3 and Code Veronica X were ported over to the GC especially. 4 was originally an exclusive too (but is also available on XBL Demand)

Loving the game, finished it as Chris and Sherry, and hammered a good bit of Mercenaries.
I'm quite looking forward to the DLC game modes.

Oh, and I am king of Agent Hunt fyi..

Evo 5 RS
I assume you mean me there? let me clarify, the controls are poor, the camera angle is irritating when running and I prefer the old style RE series, but hey it's only a demo. I'm sure it'll will be an excellent game. However, the relevance of my psn tag to my previous post is something I don't make a connection with. I hope this is more informative for you as you are clearly a fanboy of the series and i can appreciate that.

So you've not even played the full release yet? Oh, ok.

Liking something isn't the definition of fanboy. I was just pointing out how POINTLESS your comment was.

I've been in an airport for 11 hours now so I'm not very tolerant of silly people. Thanks for the elaboration though it means a lot.

Last edited:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
TBH, the controls and camera angles are exactly the same on the demo as they are on the full game. Pretty awful. Too easy to get trapped in corners/camera angles going mental and it just ruins the game, especially some parts when you are running towards the screen and the angles go s**t.

The aim/cross hairs are rubbish. The graphics *should* be better IMO. The controls when selecting items is sloppy. The remote bombs are crap (if you select it by mistake and place one down, you cant pick it up again)

They still can't seem to get the whole game play right. Need to look at what made RE a great game and go back to that instead of putting too much in to one game (do we really need 3 stories with the option to play each one twice with the different players?

Nearly finished Leon's story, will probably do the others if I have time before Medal of Honor comes out as it will be traded in pretty much straight away.

A SHED!
this ^^^ played the full game now. Good but still the same as the demo. As for you Mr scone, lets just agree to disagree rather than you getting your knickers in a twist

Evo 8 MR
I'm on Jakes last chapter now and it just seems to get more and more boring. This is definitely getting flogged once I've finished Ada's campaign (if I can be bothered to do it).

Abarth 500 Esseesse
Shame, it's gone to the dogs! They said they'd look into remaking 2 if there was enough fan support and I think the series is desperate for this.

It's heading in the direction of Tomb Raider at this rate!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
As soon as I went up the stairs and round the corner at the very start, heard him say "I've got a bad feeling about this" which was when I swiftly turned it off :cool: LOL

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Looking forward to trying this, I thought 5 was really good.

That said none of you know what scary games are till you've tried some of the independent PC offerings.

F82 M4
Looking forward to trying this, I thought 5 was really good.

That said none of you know what scary games are till you've tried some of the independent PC offerings.

Slender wasn't too bad. Amnesia on the other hand... Jesus wept almighty!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I was speaking to the missus about scary games and she just laughed, saying that games couldn't be scary!
I always though Silent hill was quite bad in some parts. Think I'll download Amnesia or Slender and have her play them.

I was speaking to the missus about scary games and she just laughed, saying that games couldn't be scary!
I always though Silent hill was quite bad in some parts. Think I'll download Amnesia or Slender and have her play them.

Silent Hill was really scary rowing across the lake in the pitch dark.

Also depends what conditions you're playing under, I played Silent Hill in my summer house at the end of the garden in the dark, so instantly scary lol

Evo 5 RS
Silent Hill was really scary rowing across the lake in the pitch dark.

Also depends what conditions you're playing under, I played Silent Hill in my summer house at the end of the garden in the dark, so instantly scary lol

Silent Hill 2 is one of the best games ever made IMO!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Amnesia is the most terrifying thing you'll ever interact with.

Just Youtube'd it, seems similar to Slender? Trying to avoid some creepy person. Some of the reactions are priceless.

Dont look dont look dont look dont look dont look *looks* ahhhhhsgdhdjdwefyvbruifh

LOL :cool:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just finished Leon's campaign. The final boss was a bit of a pain in the ass until I realized that I was being a tard, then it became pretty easy.

Will do Chris' campaign next and probably do the others if I have time.

Looking at getting RE4 for the Wii now though, make some use of that console instead of it gathering dust.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a go on "agent hunt" and the controls are bloody awful. Much worse than in the main game.

Trying to control a zombie or a dog is near on impossible.

Mercenaries is OK I suppose.

A SHED!
Just finished Leon's campaign. The final boss was a bit of a pain in the ass until I realized that I was being a tard, then it became pretty easy.

Will do Chris' campaign next and probably do the others if I have time.

Looking at getting RE4 for the Wii now though, make some use of that console instead of it gathering dust.
i'm still being a tard with that boss, gonna beat it tonight as i've just thought about it. lol.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
i'm still being a tard with that boss, gonna beat it tonight as i've just thought about it. lol.

Yeah its a bit of a pain. You need to take out the orange orbs that attach the leg to the body. He will re energize by eating zombies (the respawn constantly!) You need to pick up the spear, stab a zombie and he will then eat that zombie and get electrocuted. Then repeat. Right pain in the arse though. Toom me ages this morning!

The bit where you have to climb the rope/cable really pissed me off. Controls are s**t!

Still lovin' it, tbh Professional is the way it's meant to be played, constant worry over ammo count, fear of death by almost everything, near no healing items.
Survival horror all over.

Proper tense, especially with a friend.

Milltek'd clio 182
well i have been playing the game, only on chapter two, havent really taken to the game, my personnal favourite is number four by far, just something about that one made me addicted to it. Dont get me wrong the graphics, game play and the fact you can stick a bottle in the back of some ones head is pretty cool. But i have also noticed alot of little jumpy bits, like walking through the kitchen and a bin will fall over just to liven the mood an keep you on edge, it is good how ever it reminds me abit of the game called dead space, which has similar things. i will be playing it again tonight as i want to get a little further with it any one else experience similar or do you think its brilliant?

Evo 8 MR
well i have been playing the game, only on chapter two, havent really taken to the game, my personnal favourite is number four by far, just something about that one made me addicted to it. Dont get me wrong the graphics, game play and the fact you can stick a bottle in the back of some ones head is pretty cool. But i have also noticed alot of little jumpy bits, like walking through the kitchen and a bin will fall over just to liven the mood an keep you on edge, it is good how ever it reminds me abit of the game called dead space, which has similar things. i will be playing it again tonight as i want to get a little further with it any one else experience similar or do you think its brilliant?

If you haven't taken to it by now then you never will imo. Can't say I noticed anything with regards to bins falling over I was probably to bored to notice.

none :(
im a massive resident evil fan, even had my ps1 chipped just so i could get an imported version of resi 2 back in the day, but i feel its lost its direction, resi 1 2 & 3 are where its at for me, i also enjoyed resi 4 and code veronica, but i just think since number 5 its gone downhill, i still enjoy playing it, but you cant beat original zombies, hunters, and lickers

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but by no means think it's 'brilliant'.

There's some design elements lacking, which RE5 had, and RE4 had even more so, so in turn I can agree with people saying they prefer them.
But for sure, after playing this, I tried playing RE5 again for some online action, and the tank controls are actual b****cks. Try going back to 4 or 5 and you'll find after playing this, there's so much they got right in the gameplay, that I find anyway, you just can't go back.

I also love the melee, I hated it in 4 and 5, when they were too close and you couldn't just kick them, I mean c'mon, anyone could probably kick a zombie if they had to except maybe a legless person.