ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Resident Evil 6

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
One of the RE games scared the be-jesus out of me when I was about 12 (where the dogs jump through the wall or something?!) .. Not as scary as playing Duke Nukem 3D with headphones on in the dark when one of those flat fish face eater things jump up on the screen !

Actual heart failure right there.

SG9 Forester STi
That's the original, Rob. Would be about 1997 now, or 8...

It's had a bloody long run

Was that the one where there were lots of zombies dressed in police uniforms? I may be confused though.

Yes it's had an awesome run. It's good to see that it's still eagerly anticipated and hasn't got boring after so many games.

I'm really looking forward to playing it now lol.

Evo 5 RS
Was that the one where there were lots of zombies dressed in police uniforms? I may be confused though.

Yes it's had an awesome run. It's good to see that it's still eagerly anticipated and hasn't got boring after so many games.

I'm really looking forward to playing it now lol.

Me too, 5th one was great. You're thinking of the second one btw, play as Leon Kennedy and end up in the Police station. Was my fav

Nemesis used to scare the living s**t out of my back in the day. Literally would turn the Playstation off when he appeared.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I only played 5 but I loved it. This one looks to have much better combat and it looks to be more true to the original... Which means I'll s**t myself because I've never been a fan of dark games ha.

Me and a mate once finished re5 in 4 hours after a night out with infinite ammo :p infinite rocket lawn-chair is so much fun lol

Also, those tyrants look f**king nasty! They're gonna be right pains to kill

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
TEG, I know the exact scene you mean and it scared the crap out of me too.

About that time, my dad had treated me to a decent TV for my bedroom, I used to sit up late during school holidays and play games, RE was the main one that properly s**t me up.

I may give this a go, I only played the demo of the last one but rather enjoyed it. The controls have got a bit clunky though.

Evo 5 RS
Only game I ever turned off was Silent Hill 2.. Was on the phone to my mate whilst in that part in the Hotel. "Go in there" he goes, I'm flapping like "Which door which door". "The one on the far left, just hurry the f**k up". "ok, ffs...I hear whispering, ahhh"

"What happened?" ...

"I turned it off"

SG9 Forester STi
Me too, 5th one was great. You're thinking of the second one btw, play as Leon Kennedy and end up in the Police station. Was my fav

That's the one, brilliant game.

I don't understand why the 5th didn't go down as well with some people. I really enjoyed it and as well as a good single player game the co-op was excellent.

Silent Hill has to be the jumpiest game. Although man hunt 2 got me aswell :eek:.

Evo 5 RS
Man Hunt 2 was banned wasn't it? Never played the first properly either to be honest! If you like jumps check out Amnesia The Dark Descent, think it's only on the PC but it's stupidly scary... I wimped out and couldn't play the second part in the end... lol

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
That's the one, brilliant game.

I don't understand why the 5th didn't go down as well with some people. I really enjoyed it and as well as a good single player game the co-op was excellent.

Silent Hill has to be the jumpiest game. Although man hunt 2 got me aswell :eek:.

Since I didn't play the rest (bar failing the first part of re1) Im not certain but re5 to me didn't feel like a proper resident evil game... It should've been scary an dark and creepy with zombies and creatures... But nope. Broad daylight with some pissed off Africans and a couple of big bats

SG9 Forester STi
Since I didn't play the rest (bar failing the first part of re1) Im not certain but re5 to me didn't feel like a proper resident evil game... It should've been scary an dark and creepy with zombies and creatures... But nope. Broad daylight with some pissed off Africans and a couple of big bats

I can see what you mean about it being dark and creepier I guess. I still loved playing it though.

SG9 Forester STi
Man Hunt 2 was banned wasn't it? Never played the first properly either to be honest! If you like jumps check out Amnesia The Dark Descent, think it's only on the PC but it's stupidly scary... I wimped out and couldn't play the second part in the end... lol

Lol at quitting :rasp:. Yes it was banned but I managed to source a copy online. It said at the beginning that it was best played in the dark with the volume up. I'm not sure if I played it the entire way through but at the beginning there's a bit where you're in darkness in a mental home where all the doors have been released and the patients kill you instantly so you have to sneak around. Very creepy!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Loved the second one, used to scare the s**t out of me. From what I saw from the fifth, it just lacked the atmosphere of the earlier games, didn't fancy it.

Are there any 'scary' games out at all now?

F82 M4
REmake was truly epic on the GC. It's one of my all time favourite games.

Every time I encountered Lisa Trevor I used to literally s**t my pants!! Scariest thing ever.

Really looking forward to this. Knuckles, I seriously recommend you try Resident Evil 4, it's one of the best games ever made. It was a serious benchmark for the games we play today. It was miles above everything else that came out that year :cool:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Really looking forward to this. Knuckles, I seriously recommend you try Resident Evil 4, it's one of the best games ever made. It was a serious benchmark for the games we play today. It was miles above everything else that came out that year :cool:

I'll keep that in mind :) it'll be on my list of games to get when I get an Xbox... My little s**t of a brother stole mine when I moved out -_-

Swift Sport
First one was properly creepy, since then I've lost interest. New one looks very arcadey, but also shows promise.

182, 6r GTi
hoping this will bring re back on form looks like its gonna be good, propper zombies like it should be, i have no idea how they fucked up so mutch in the movies when they had awsome games to base it on

F82 M4
I'll keep that in mind :) it'll be on my list of games to get when I get an Xbox... My little s**t of a brother stole mine when I moved out -_-

Well I'm afraid to say you might struggle with that mate, it was for the Gamecube :cool: You can get it for the Wii but I would recommend using a GC pad for it instead of the Wii remote and nun chucks.

Tell a lie, you could get it for the PC and PS2 as well.

It's currently £6 for the GC on Amazon. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B0002A6CQ4/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1327091471&sr=8-1&condition=used

Seriously mate, this game was the benchmark for most games of today. Nothing could touch it at the time. I'm sure many people on this forum will agree :cool:

I had the limited edition in a tin case for the PS2.
At the time it came out, like you say, there was nothing like it, was truly a high rated game!

http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/resident+evil+4/results

Look at the PS2 and GC average reviews!

55 Clio 182, C2 VTS
Looks to me like they are returning to "sequel" basics. Essentially, Res Evil 2: Run thru a zombie infested city, find somewhere relatively safe where the zombies are trying to get into (and eventually succeed). Which is no bad thing! I right royally f**king loved Res Evil 2!

4 was absolutely immense! Best RE game since 2 for me. 5 was ok... but after about 3 chapters its essentially Boyz in da hood; some floppy haired white boi puttin a cap in all doze niggaz assez y0!

I cant wait!!!

Speaking of scary games, if you're a PC gamer I recommend: Doom 3 and F.E.A.R. (the original, not the new ones as they are shite) Both are quite old titles now but the atmosphere and gameplay of both promise a brown stain in your tighty whities!

none :(
i cant wait for number six, loved all the resi games apart from 5, hopefully this will go back to the roots of 1-3, i was hoping for a next gen console release, aint they rumoured for this year too.