ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Resistor Pack Gone???

Integra Type-R DC2
This morning the heaters in my Dynamique wouldnt come on, no matter the speed or temp I set them too. Apparently this is the resistor pack thats died? Can anyone tell me where it is, how much its going to cost and how easy a job it is?

Golf GTD Mk7
do a search on here mate, there are a few threads on it. Its under the plastic panel at the top of the bonnet infront of the driver. They are quite expensive from renault, but scrappy could be an option.

Integra Type-R DC2
Yep. I did a search and read through a few of the threads but they were unclear, just wanted to clarify everything id read.

Yeah, its CC. Is it a pain to change or is it a 5 minute job? Not up for giving Reno 140 euros for doing feck all.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
its a bit weird to get into but not that hard, the pannel at the bottom of the windscreen pops off on the drivers side, i dried my mates one out on the radiator and it worked fine but tried it on another and it didnt...

RSC 182 Cup
If it's climate control the same as the RSC's have then it isn't actually a resistor pack that's used. There's a semiconductor device inside the "black box" that breaks; on OzRS forums one guy managed to pull it apart, bought a replacement device from Farnell and fixed his fan cheaply.

Integra Type-R DC2
I think I might just get the car into Renault for a quick service before I sell it and get this fixed at the same time.

172 Cup
try the yellow relay in the under bonnet fuse box on the n/s. With my coily's sometimes a harsh bump can be enough to knock it out. Its the one that sits on its own!

Golf GTD Mk7
its a bit weird to get into but not that hard, the pannel at the bottom of the windscreen pops off on the drivers side, i dried my mates one out on the radiator and it worked fine but tried it on another and it didnt...

I have noticed when i take the panel off that mine gets wet everytime i was the car. Can't be good surely.