ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Resistor Pack

Heaters only worked on 4 when I bought the car. After a while they would work on and off whenever they felt like it, but only on 4.

Got another resistor pack at CSS, Fred fitted it for me :eek: and then all was well for the drive home. Lol. After that it just seems to work when it felt like it. Wiggling the connections seemed to get it to come on but turn the engine off and next time I drove it, nothing.

Is there any easy cure or does it sound like the replacement is dead and I need another one?

Ta.

Still haven't fixed this :eek:

c5dd0c0b.jpg

That's the connection that's causing the problem. Is there anything there that's obviously wrong that I'm missing? It sort of clicks in but before it clicks, the blowers work but you have to really push that clip to get maximum blower strength. Turn the car off. Next time I drive it, they don't work again.

dunno if its the same on the clio but on the megane/scenic the terminals actually burn out but you cant tell on that plug, on the meg/scenic you can clearly see it has melted the plug away... perhaps check it for continuity

Reeeet,

Got another resistor pack from RenParts. Still doesn't work.

I keep seeing about 'bridging the connections' but tbh, I'm not really sure what that achieves :eek:

This picture..

IMAG0064.gif

And then people say do something with 1 & 5 and then the fans should come on? But if not, then it's the resistor pack? But if they do come on? Then what?

/r****d.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The bridging 1 and 5 is for the ph2 resistor pack, that has a different pin arrangement.

Erm, you may be able to work it out by pulling apart a resistor pack and working out which pins go where but thats maybe not for you?

Maybe send the resistor pack to a willing ph1 owner to test for sure?

What I don't get is that it has the 'symptoms' of a resistor pack problem. But I've replaced that and it's not fixed it.

Unless I've got two faulty ones.

They're different between Ph1's too apparently. FFS. f**king Clio.

Ph1 ITB'd 172
Could it be the wiring? On the Ph2's it has its own little loom for the heater fan. Perhaps try a different loom. (has about 5 plugs on it) I have one from a PH2 but I doubt thats any good to you.