ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

resistors for after market seats

106 GTI
Im going to be fitting recaros with harnesses so looking to remove the airbagged seats and pretensioners

Any ideas where I can get the appropriate resistors to do the job?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
3.3 ohm resistors from maplins. need to get myself some this weekend too.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
not sure where they are on the site, they defo sell them though. that's where everyone on here gets them.

Clio DCi 65
Powey i'l see if i can find any, if i do find any I'l post a link on here!

If you find any could you do the same please budd!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Bump to this...

Where do you put the 3.3 ohm resistors ? :eek:

Is this 100% what i need to buy.

Vee 6
This is the part i'm trying to work out....... we need a specific size ( resistance ) to fool the ecu that the airbag is still in place.

Have'nt spent too much time on it, But i'm guessing that we will need two per seat... One for the seat airbags & one for the belt pretensioner.

Later on i want to remove the steering wheel & passenger airbag .

Resistor.......Looks like a grain of rice with coloured bands on it, The colours give it's resistance value.

Vee 6
So that's 3.3 ohms for each device. One per airbag and one for the belt pretensioner ?

Is it the same resistance needed for the steering wheel and pass airbag.

Ive got access to a scan tool and so can knock off a light if needed. But if anybody can give a solid answer to it all it will help others.

Thanks for the info.