ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Resoloution Geeks, HELP.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I've recently bought a new tv, 42" 1080p LG, and I'm trying to output from my laptop to it.

My laptop is a widescreen format Dell, 1366x768, but when I select "output to external monitor only" I can go up to full 1080p output....

When I do this, it displays on my tv beautifully, apart from being aligned over to the right? Basically I've got a black line down the left of the tv screen, and some of the image missing to the right.

I can't figure out if there's anything I can do?

I can display lower resolutions which are ok, just not 1080 :(

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Oh and before google is suggested, I've looked and still am. I'm currently posting off of my TV display in 1080, but I'm missing the maximise and close icons to the top right of the firefox window...

I'm unsure whether it's an issue with my tv or just something software related with the laptop? Any help would really be appreciated.

Cupra
I had the same problem with my Dell laptop running 1920x1200 on my 24" monitor. The image was off to the side and I could not sort it no matter what I tried. I gave up in the end after messing around with everything I could think of for 30 minutes.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Bummer :(

I've managed to get a perfect fit on a random lower res, which doesn't look too bad.

I'm just updating my graphics driver in the faint hope it might make a blind bit of difference.

I'm sad because the 1080-ness of it all looked so pretty.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Nothing there I'm afraid. I did check.

I can't seem to find it as a common fault on t'internet either...

I'm going to try get hold of a mates laptop and see if that machine does it too, if it does the tv will be going back, if it doesn't, well.. I need a new laptop anyway ;)

by the way it does work as im using it this way now on a 37lg6000 sometimes i need to just go into the drive properties and force it back to use 59 hz

182FF with cup packs
I had this issue with my Samsung. IIRC I had to put the DVI in channel into "full frame" or something like that. Then it displayed properly.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
in the driver what refresh rate is it trying to use ?

It's using 60hz Bunny, there is now option to change either. TV is brand new though... so should cope with 60hz fine.

I had this issue with my Samsung. IIRC I had to put the DVI in channel into "full frame" or something like that. Then it displayed properly.

This is VGA and on the tv display options I can only change between 16:9 and 4:3.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Graphics Driver options:

res.jpg

When plugged into the tv, there are no options but 60hz available on the drop down menu.

VGA doesn't really support 1080p so it could always be that (due to it being such a high res [not anymore]), do you have any other ports you can use such as hdmi, dvi or mdp?

thats b****cks well i say that VGA wont as its only 800x600 at 16 colours max

BUT the VGA cable or hd-15 d-15 cable that we are on about supports 2048x1536

Last edited:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I was under the impression that VGA can go a lot higher than just 1080p??

I have a variety of inputs on the tv, but no more outputs on the basic dell laptop :(

My xbox displays perfectly in 1080, and the image from my laptop at 1080 is fine, it's just the distinct lack of 2.5cm's of my screen and the black line running down the left edge.

I'll try a different cable and hope, but I don't see why others resolutions would display perfectly if it was the cable?

EDIT: Bunny, I checked LG's website, nout.

in the tv you can adjust the horizontal hold and things ?
that will pull the image back in. or it may just have an auto adjust setting

go hereif its teh same style menu as mine
5035212417_c756a858e9_o.png

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I haven't seen that menu, pretty sure I haven't got it, but that's just what I've been looking for.

If I have it and am being retarded, awesome, if not, I'm just going to drop my laptop, and unfortunately have to buy another.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Bunny, that menu exists! Not sure how I missed it the first time, maybe because it's hidden off the main page of buttons right at the bottom, unlike how it's displayed on yours.

I love you!

Auto aligned it, perfect, hello 1080p display from laptop :D