ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Respray cost for bonnet?

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Quite a few chips on it :( they irretate me!

So how much would a respray cost and how much does a carbon fiber bonnet cost?

Thanks

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Bonnet and wing blend will be about £150-£200.

Carbon bonnets are mega bucks aren't they??

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Bonnet and wing blend will be about £150-£200.

Carbon bonnets are mega bucks aren't they??

Dream on. Wings/arches...front bumper your looking at about 400+

Paint is 100, Vee is not an easy car to take bits off.

IMO you'd get away with just painting the bonnet. On that basic. your looking at 200-250? For a PROPER job.

I've just had my bumper done again. was 200cash. And i took it off and all apart.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
^^

She said bonnet respray did she not?!! I see no mentioon of the entire front end.

And FLOL @ £250 for 'A proper job'.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
£300?! Christ.

I only pay £100 for a bonnet repaint, £150 if they blend the wings. (in the trade)

So £200 should cover it easy.

Trade...

Dawn is clearly a perfectionist. Need to look at the bigger picture son.

Also bare in mind the wings blend into the skirts. So that won't happen.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There is absolutely f**k all point in talking to you. Your head is so far up your own ass i'm suprised you can hear what anyone else is saying.

Dawn: Ali is right, I am wrong. I'm very sorry for offering any sort of opinion that even dares differ to his.

How very dare I.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I've done it...Numerous times. You cannot blend into the arches. Not everyone wants to do things at the cheapest price. I'm sure in the trade you can get it cheaper, but whats the point if the owner isn't happy.

Pretty f**kin simple tbh!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Chill lads, every ones entitled to their opinion! I thank you both for your imput!

Now you two make up! ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've done it...Numerous times. You cannot blend into the arches. Not everyone wants to do things at the cheapest price. I'm sure in the trade you can get it cheaper, but whats the point if the owner isn't happy.

Pretty f**kin simple tbh!

See. There you go again. IN YOUR OPINION!!

How do you know that any of the bodyshops by Dawn can't get the job done satisfactorily for less money???

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Lol. You know jus by lookin at your cars it would be an impossible job to blend into the arches. On the front where it joins the bumper and also at it hits the right angle on the side skirt.

Been there done that! :)

Your best bet is to see your prefered bodyshop and get a quote...I can only advise what i've had done.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
See. There you go again. IN YOUR OPINION!!

How do you know that any of the bodyshops by Dawn can't get the job done satisfactorily for less money???

See the last comment in my last post.

Its a forum dan, deal with it. 150£ to paint a bonnet...Honestly now does that sound reasonable to you. Bearing in mine you'll need to mix black gold, 1l, remove and set bonnet, prep and prime, paint and bake, refit and polish. so LOL...f**k knows what hourage they'd charge. But in any one with a clue's opinion it would be more than 150.

Dawn - Carbon...Hummm. Keep her all black! ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've just text my painter:

ME: How much to paint a bonnet? Just chips, to joe Public?

Painter: £150 plus Vat for just the panel.

Me: What if the wings need blending?

Painter: £250 plus Vat for the lot.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
PMSL I just paged the boy doing mine.

Me: Much to do the bonnet and arches

Him: I've only got your bumper?

Me: Yeh i know...lol...But to do the bonnet and arches.

Him: You taking it off?

Me: No, aches are a c**t. Roughly.

Him: Probs about 300-350?

Edit - CASH. ;) But i forgot you don't do cash sales lol

MK3 Dci & Sinclair c5
if the car is flat white you will be fine with just the bonnet as wings and bumper will not need blending for a colour match. Going rate at any accident repair chain nationwide/Just car clinic etc is £250 inc vat per panel. One man band outfits will charge whatever pops up into their head at the time anything from £80 to £300 just because they are busy lol. If you want to know what makes me qualified to say this look at my job in my profile. :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Yeh I totally agree. You don't see alot of the arches on the vee before they 'Bubble' out and the isn't angled, so actually you get away with it! I'm on respray number 6 now i think on the front end! :) Considering Venturi shield...>Any experence on that mate?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Yeh I totally agree. You don't see alot of the arches on the vee before they 'Bubble' out and the isn't angled, so actually you get away with it! I'm on respray number 6 now i think on the front end! :) Considering Venturi shield...>Any experence on that mate?

Shields are supposed to be alreet, iirc you can wax over them etc,

FAO Dawn thing is you respray the bonnet but the front of the Vee picks up stonechips all over so you would ideally need to spray the whole front end!!!

Or ghetto fix with a toothpick and touch up paint!!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
for my Arctic Bonnet I was quoted £150 by a Bodyshop that myself and many others have always been very happy with but I am in Bumpkin Norfolk

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
for my Arctic Bonnet I was quoted £150 by a Bodyshop that myself and many others have always been very happy with but I am in Bumpkin Norfolk

But that will be a s**t job that everyone will be unhappy with.

Ali said so.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Shields are supposed to be alreet, iirc you can wax over them etc,

FAO Dawn thing is you respray the bonnet but the front of the Vee picks up stonechips all over so you would ideally need to spray the whole front end!!!

Or ghetto fix with a toothpick and touch up paint!!

Aye...Bonnet doesn't really get it that bad. And i've done half a douzen track days and a trip to the ring in mine.

Where the arch joints the bumper and bumper itself is where the majority of the chips end up! :(

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
My Front Bumper has takena majority of the Stone Chips but I do have few very nasty stone chips which is why I'm looking into getting it resprayed aswell so I'd say the place I go to will be £300 ish for Bonnet and Bumper

MK3 Dci & Sinclair c5
Considering Venturi shield...>Any experence on that mate?

Tbh ive never heard of it. If its a hard wax or synthetic sealing agent it will only offer protection from fallout and contaminants but none to very little against chips. Best thing ive come across to protect the front end is a car bra like the dub boys use, fantastic bits of kit but beware of the cheap ones as they can be lined with abrasive cheap liners which scratch over time.

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
Tbh ive never heard of it. If its a hard wax or synthetic sealing agent it will only offer protection from fallout and contaminants but none to very little against chips. Best thing ive come across to protect the front end is a car bra like the dub boys use, fantastic bits of kit but beware of the cheap ones as they can be lined with abrasive cheap liners which scratch over time.

think he means this

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Dont fancy goin down the shield route as i cant see how you can get the best possible results when detailed!

Its a protective coat of film over the area, a guy came to work and did 1 of the customers aeroplanes,tried selling it to me ;)

but surely it would mark the film once hit by a stone? That would look even worse, wouldnt it?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ Dunno like. You just need to ensure the bumper is polished before application. You can still wax over the film.

The bonnet bra's only protect the bonnets tbh, and that takes minimal impact!
They also look horrific! lol

got mine in ATM for the following....

front wings
front bumper
bonnet
rear bumper

600 for the lot and thats them taking them off the paint.