ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

respray costs

hi there, im playing with the idea of a change of colour re-spray, and basically wondered what i should be expecting to pay

however, the price would not include the paint (ive got a mate who mixes paint and can do me a very special price for very special paint ;) ) and i would do as much of the prep work myself, i.e stripping the car of bumpers, door strips, mirrors etc etc

any ideas?? or anyone who works in a bodyshop who fancies some promotional work ;)

cheers

sounds pretty good, a local place said they would do it for about that, they are pretty good too, just wondered if that were about right, i really am gonna try and do as much as poss, also its just had practically a full respray in standard colour (front wings, bumper, doors, skirts rear wings etc) and needs very little if any work doing (i.e. dents etc) before hand, im hoping its just a rub down and respray (i know its more than that but you know!). the colour i want even has a red base coat, does this mean that the bodyshop could just rub down the existing paint and use that, cut down on priming costs?? cheers

ouch!! i think thats about right though, remember im supplying the paint, and gonna try and do majority of actual prep work myself, i think thats saves quite a bit, a few hours labour anyway

no, i did think about that but when i spoke to my bodyshop they said that it would not be too much more for a full respray.

its difficult to explain really, itll sound horrible but, its kinda like a mild flip from red to orange/gold, to yellowie, but its really subtle so kinda looks just like a pastel colour, looks awesome in the sunlight, i would like to go for a really bright colour like yours, maybe something like the new mg yellow (or blue ;)) but i just thought if im going to the expense of a respray may as well go custom. plus its really not like your normal flip paint, i.e not blue to green back to purple!

i would like to have a go with two tone paint job, maybe the top half of mine silver, but i really get the feeling itll be out by this time next week!!

I was going to do the bottom half of mine silver with a blue metal flake! But couldnt be arsed!! Happy with the effect the metal flake has on it anyway!

I have been trying to get someone to go MG yellow with a silver metal flake for ages, you know you wanna!!

yeah i could do, would probably strengthen my chances of getting a full feature too, thing is with that paint that i was gonna get, i could have got away with not doing bulkhead/engine bay, just door shuts, bonnet shuts i reckon? you reckon flip on its way out then?? it is different to the normal flip paints you see in max power etc.

cheers, i really want a feature, davy from redline said that he would feature it just for the ice, but like i said that was a few months back now, and ive not heard anything! i pi$$es me off coz i reckon that cars like ours are so much nicer than some of the sh*te that is featured in these mags, oh well, every time i see a pic of yours i notice something else on it!!! im going to see a guy tommorow who is a bit of a nutter when it comes to custom work on cars (he was the guy who put the custom vents in my front wings, smoothed in my skirts etc) i might see if he has any ideas for mine, i think its really only a lairy paint job away from feature though, cheers, gotta get some sleep now, look forward to reading your response in the morning mate!! cheers

cheers, does he come on here very often though?? i pmd him a while back and didnt get a response? do you know him? cheers

I have got loads of mental ideas mate, but I need to stop!! If your on msn add me mailto:marcusdelves@hotmail.com">marcusdelves@hotmail.com and I can give you some good ideas, also if you want a Revs feature I may be able to sort you out.

cheers, yeah ill be more than happy with any sort of feature!!! my car was in fast car last year, local heros thing, but its not the same as full feature right? marcus, yours has been local herod too right? at extreme?

mailto:ian_hale92@hotmail.com">ian_hale92@hotmail.com . id be more than happy to discuss mental ideas mate, you should come down to the bodyshop i get some of my stuff done, did you see the pink prelude at max power live?? they did that -

http://www.typekstyling.co.ukwww.typekstyling.co.uk

absolute top bodyshop, cant fault them for quality or customer service!

Yeah type K are meant to be quality, Matt has left now with his mental clio though!!

Yeah mine was in the local heros at Extreme, I am at work at the moment but I will add you when I get home.

If you have any pics mail them to me @ mailto:twistedstyling@ntlworld.com">twistedstyling@ntlworld.com and I will pass them onto one of the feature writers at Revs, see what she reckons.

Valver

Quote: Originally posted by ian h on 16 September 2003

cheers, does he come on here very often though?? i pmd him a while back and didnt get a response? do you know him? cheers

He lives somewhere near me (Bracknell), not been on for a week or so. His e-mail is mailto:mneil16v@aol.com">neil16v@aol.com

clio williams, Ph1 172

Where you from buddy?

I had a quote for £450 for a blow over and £550 for a full colour change.

They make an excellent job too. Meant to be gettin mine done too.

Its based nr chesterfield. If you wanna get it done, we could maybe get a good deal on 2 at the same time.

My mates had 2 cars done there now and they have made really good jobs of both. I am really picky about paintwork too.

ian ill help u with the prep geeza, just let me know when u want it done.

go with one of the lambo colours

mercialago green is lovely, a limey green with a yellow/gold pearl. its sexy

if u want ill speak to dave at fast car and see what he can do, gotta give him a ring this week anywayn to sort a local heroes feature.

i would expect to pay bout 2k including paint.

im sure some of these cheaper options are good BUT the cost is mainly in the prep, the cheaper options dont usually strip the car and prep it as it should be. there are exceptions of course