ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Respray quote (I lol'd, hard)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Had my mot done today, walked it, just needed a rear
bulb doing. Thought I might get a quote for the paintwork I need doing (see below).
IMGP1600.jpg

£1600. Roughly double every otherv quote I've had. Jokers, lost my custom for good.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
what was the quote then? why did you lol hard? i want to lol hard too tbh.

i feel mislead :(

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Don't worry, won't be going there for the work. They did pass me through the MOT though.

Elise/VX220/R26
They are probably just too busy. If I cant be arsed with a job on the side I just quote a ridiculous price then if they accept its a motivation to do it.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
They're dead mate, was chatting to the owner, hardly any work on at the moment. Been a few times, never seen the workshop so quiet, and no cars outside (normally both full).

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
£700 for a full respray will be utter cack (unless its mates rates)...

A reputable garage will charge at least 2k+ for a proper job...

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I got quoted £1050 for front end respray, a-pillar respray and a rear arch dent fill and spray - everything will be blended...

I'm expecting the work to be A1 and was told it would be...

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
you get what you pay for but £1600 a bit expensive!

i payed over £500 for rear quarter, drivers door, bump strip smoothed down and painted (got 1 from the scrappies off a dynamique because mine got hit by a brick and the car got keyed)

I'm lucky, my bro owing his own bodyshop, I just pay for materials and get him a few drinks. Had side skirts on my old punto sprayed for £20.

Very good work too, he's too busy as he keeps getting recommended by everyone.

Turbos.
Depending on what is involved i wouldn't say £1600 is necessarily over priced. I imagine they would be respraying a fair bit of the car to feather it in properly. Depends how much you care about the job.

titanium ph1
thats f**king crazy!at my old bodyshop that sort of money will get you a full respray with a glass finish !no wonder you lol'd hard!;)

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
what a piss take :eek:

I got mine fully resprayed with new rear qtr's and a new sill welded in for that price, and it's a top notch job

They are probably just too busy. If I cant be arsed with a job on the side I just quote a ridiculous price then if they accept its a motivation to do it.

usually the case but i suspect they didnt like his face

sure u'll find a good price but if not u know where i am x

The other places who quoted you may be cheaper but may not be very good.

We had a civic in not so long ago that had been fully re-sprayed elsewhere for £700, and there was not one reflection/ area of shine to be seen in the paintwork whatsoever. Was like someone had been at it with rattle tins.

You really do get what you pay for in some places.