ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Restoration Man; Mk1 Naples Valver.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
They found rust iirc.

CF3E510D-EC60-4BA4-8C97-F5A506DF2CFB-650-000000FE9A363A3E.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Last I heard the guy I sold it to in Bournemouth killed the engine, think they were talking about sticking an f7r in. Shame, the engine in was a good'un.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I think he's taking the piss.

He is taking the piss, the cheeky wee scottish scamp... There was no rust on my baby!

Last I heard the guy I sold it to in Bournemouth killed the engine, think they were talking about sticking an f7r in. Shame, the engine in was a good'un.

Tbf, giving a circa 20 year old engine to a charlie cream slice is only going to end in tears. Although if he's driven it like a pellet, he probably hasn't looked after the rest of it at all.

Shame. :(

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Shame its died but at least its just the engine not a crash, at least in reality the engine is only a weekend of your life and 100 quid to fix including fluids so no big deal.
(assuming new owner can operate a spanner)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How is it personal? He's just asking about costs involved in a car, not how much you have been quoted for all the liposuction you need mr kettle.

I just think it's a bit rude Mr Pot.

More than I sold it for. Put it that way.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I just think it's a bit rude Mr Pot.

More than I sold it for. Put it that way.

Must just be a car dealer thing I guess, I would view that as just an attribute of the car not of the owner, so not about a person and hence not personal to my very black and white frame of mind, lol

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Lol at Mr Kettle and Mr Pot. Hope all you cuthberts had good Christmases, mine was sh1t :(

Sad to hear the engine has popped on this one since its been sold. In the short time Luke had it, I grew to admire it fondly.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Its just me, not the car dealer me. I'll gladly discuss the SIV's of my cars at work, but not my personal stuff... It's personal! lol.

Maybe i'm the strange one.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Lol at Mr Kettle and Mr Pot. Hope all you cuthberts had good Christmases, mine was sh1t :(

Sad to hear the engine has popped on this one since its been sold. In the short time Luke had it, I grew to admire it fondly.

What was wrong with your xmas big man?? Hopefully nothing serious??

Mine was the best one for about 4 years. I didn't lose any money!! :D

Last december I had to take £9k out the savings account to keep the business going, the year before that I put £10k on my credit card to keep it going and the year before that we spent £17k of our savings.... Now you see why december is a depressing time for me! lol.

But this year we broke even, so a massive improvement and it meant I could enjoy it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Glad to hear your business is managing to buck the trend of the current recession and managed to break even, hopefully next year it will reach the holy grail of actual profit for you mate :)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
My gramps was admitted to hospital on Christmas Eve bud, I won't go into to many details but he has had Alzheimer's for about 6 months and now his body as well as his mind has just given up on him. He's in a bad way and Christmas Day was spent at his bedside with some of my family. My mums not taking it too well.

On top of that, I got tested for something potentially serious the Thurs before Christmas, waited for results on Christmas Eve, NHS lost my test results and so I drove back day after Boxing Day for a second test, and waiting for results now. Constant waiting is doing my head in, would rather just know either way. And no, it's not 'da aids' - lol.

Anyway, enough of my woeful whining, a lot of people in a much worse state than me, so I need to get a grip :) Glad your Christmas was great, and chuffed for you the business has netted out this year. Next summer I need you to find me an estate bud - like your passat, or a volvo v70 or an e39 estate.

You signed up for Llandow yet, be good to catch up.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Is it still in the forum? Luke's picture from the CS calender made me want a mk1 so much, I'd have one if I was actually useful with some spanners.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
You can tell him straight when you drive it back to yours :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You can tell him straight when you drive it back to yours :)

Lol!! I wish I could afford it mate. I'd have it back in a heartbeat.

I bet it looks nowhere near as good now though. :-(

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I still want it! I'd put silver willy wheels on it, be just like my first one then.

How dare my wife only have 3 weeks before she gives birth!