ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Restoration Man; Mk1 Naples Valver.

Bumder With A Buffer
I wouldnt want one as a daily, the 172s are so much better IMHO

Still love how they look and drive though so wouldnt want to be totally without one.

Aye it would be my random "play" toy so to speak.

Although my list of cars I want at the minute is

Navarra
16v Clio
GTR

Thats my ideal "driveway". Must carry on dreaming :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Well that's it! I can do no more as its now pissing down. There's a few little odds and sods that I needed to get done before tomorrow but I've simply ran out of time. I did manage another coat of egp and dress all the plastics though which was the main thing.

Decided to trailer it up tomorrow as I'm really worried about something happening to it and/or stone chips. Strange as I was never this worried about my brand new Audi or my brand new Clio 200!

Older cars....ftw!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Mental. I think I preferred you when you took the piss out of us detailers. :eek:

Can't wait to see it tomorrow.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've got to walk the mile and a half to work in a minute to get the truck.... Don't want to drive the car again see....

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
So you've finally turned gay and you're bringing a trailer queen. :nono:

Although after all that hard work I can't say I blame you,
it can get dirt and stone chips from driving after CSS.

It's almost as shiny as your bald head in those photos,
did you wax that aswell because it's giving off some serious glare. ;)

Wow that looks stunning need more pictures tho tbf lol. I always wanted a valver when I was younger & it had to be in Naples but there wasn't any good ones about & I got a 172. Great work with this looks like a perfect exlample & must be very rare now.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I will be taking some pictures tomorrow (weather pending) and then I will be using some of those pictures to do my ''For Sale'' advert. :(

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I will be taking some pictures tomorrow (weather pending) and then I will be using some of those pictures to do my ''For Sale'' advert. :(

I really like what you have done with this one but TBH I think that is excellent news, get shot of it and have the money to do the real mk1 with :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I have found some pics that others took from CSS...

P1000998.jpg

P1000997.jpg

29a86338.jpg

DSCF1631.jpg

DSCF1625.jpg

DSCF1624.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I really like what you have done with this one but TBH I think that is excellent news, get shot of it and have the money to do the real mk1 with :)

If I had somewhere clean and dry to keep it, then I'd keep it because I love it. I love everything about it! But I won't drive it to work because I don't want anyone to park near it, I won't take the kids out in it because they scratch everything they go near and I won't leave it parked outside the house because the neighbours kids play football on the green....

So for me, its a pretty pointless car! lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If I had somewhere clean and dry to keep it, then I'd keep it because I love it. I love everything about it! But I won't drive it to work because I don't want anyone to park near it, I won't take the kids out in it because they scratch everything they go near and I won't leave it parked outside the house because the neighbours kids play football on the green....

So for me, its a pretty pointless car! lol.

Exactly mate, this is why I havent had my Sierra MOT'd for 3 years now, I love it to bits but I have to accept that I have absolutely NO use for it.

TBH I would have broken it by now if the mrs didnt like it so much and want it back on the road.

Renault Clio 1.4 8v
Aye it would be my random "play" toy so to speak.

Although my list of cars I want at the minute is

Navarra
16v Clio
GTR

Thats my ideal "driveway". Must carry on dreaming :)
Can i just why on earth would you want to own a navara?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sounds daft, but it's way too nice for me to use as a daily.

Doesnt sound daft at all, thats why Dan doesnt want it and its why im not trying to buy it either.

Needs someone who either wants it as a show car or occasional sunday drive car, or someone who does very few miles.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Plus I may be moving down to Bristol way soon, so if Dan saw me driving round in it all dirty and that then I'd be a dead man.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Plus I may be moving down to Bristol way soon, so if Dan saw me driving round in it all dirty and that then I'd be a dead man.

What did you do wrong in a previous life to end up having to move to bristol?

Mind you, the preview bar there is epic value, me and mike from MWM went there last weekend, all you can eat of loads of different types of mains and desserts, we properly got our moneys worth, lol

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I can see it been difficult to sell for the money it deserves as will push it into mint Williams territory.

Looks awesome but I'd prefer it on turbines.

Edit - just seen its only 2k so won't be difficult to sell at all!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The thing is, at £2000 thats ''average'' ph2 172 money.

This is a lot better than an average ph2 and needs nothing doing to it (unless you're as fussy as me) and I genuinely believe that it will never go down in value. You could drive it, put 20,000 miles on it and still sell it for £2000.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Was just looking at that FS thread and I must say it really does look mint and has to be the perfect mk1.

I would probably be pretty damn tempted if it wasn't Naples red (awaits a flaming for that lol)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Was just looking at that FS thread and I must say it really does look mint and has to be the perfect mk1.

I would probably be pretty damn tempted if it wasn't Naples red (awaits a flaming for that lol)

I agree, if it was xerus grey I would have it in a second for 2k, but I have same Luke like dilemma, it would be my daily and living outside, on the street. personally I wouldn't feel bad about using it, but I feel the seller may do ;)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I actually properly want this - I'm just mad I'm not in a position to buy it!

It brings back memories of my first car I bought with my own money - my Naples valver. It's still the best car I've had my biggest mistake was handing it to someone who totally ruined it to the point I couldn't stand to see it when I got it back.

Oooft I need money!

120d M Sport
£2K is a bargain to someone.

Try finding one in this nick with that much work gone in for such a price! In fact, try finding one at all that isn't a rotten tatty old shed!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
lol I don't think I've ever wanted a car as much - gonna speak to the wife and BEG her to let me spend money we don't have...

Obviously the outcome of that conversation is already known!