ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Retrim queries

"Navy" N17 TWO
I'm thinking of getting my dash re-trimed to give it a bit of life when I get my install finished..

Will the airbag still function with a re-trim ?

Not sure what to get the dah done in;
Does alcantara "wear" much on dashboards?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
a full alcantara dash will be very pricey, i presume they can jus take the airbag cover off and trim that, so when its put back in it pops off? OR does the cover smash open?

"Navy" N17 TWO
The airbag cover is part of the whole dash-top in the Mk2Ph2 Clio's - hence my asking lol

Tangoed Works
Cant be that much to stick alcantara over the top of the dash, £70 - 100 max, just disable the airbag with the key.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
jayxx83 said:
Cant be that much to stick alcantara over the top of the dash, £70 - 100 max, just disable the airbag with the key.

you have gotta buy the alcantara too, its about £45 a metre!

Alcantara is just a brand name however, the cheap stuff is almost as good for half the price.

Renault 5 GT Turbo
jayxx83 said:

I take it you are joking!

A dash re trim is one of the most expensive mods we do..

James one we did was awesome and totally seemless..

Ffi Ffi

www.gibsonandboyne.com

Attachments

• DSC00042 (Small).jpg
    DSC00042 (Small).jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 173
  "Navy" N17 TWO
Yeah remember that - turned out really well :approve:

Only the airbag in those models are seperate to the dash aren't they?

"Navy" N17 TWO
In the event of an accident (touch wood will never happen);

will the airbag come through whatever the dash is retrimed in ? eg vinyl or alcantara

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
so is that a yes or no lol?

Looks a great job on the clio, but dont like the colours or the fact its seemless lol.

You have done an awesome job though

"Navy" N17 TWO
I am getting my new speakers/crossovers fitted doors tomorrow hence having my doorcards/door-trim done with black vinyl and charcoal alcantara.

Therefore intending to get the dash/steering wheel done to match it in the near future :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
I've just dug myself into a decsion hole :S

My doorcards are almost ready (covered in matt black vinyl with charcoal alcantara)

Since I wanted to retrim my dash/steering wheel to match, I intend sending the dash/steering wheel to be stitched.

BUT - the company only use leather & alcantara

Will I have a multishade interior or should I have went for leather on my doors? :S

Renault 5 GT Turbo
I've just dug myself into a decsion hole :S

My doorcards are almost ready (covered in matt black vinyl with charcoal alcantara)

Since I wanted to retrim my dash/steering wheel to match, I intend sending the dash/steering wheel to be stitched.

BUT - the company only use leather & alcantara

Will I have a multishade interior or should I have went for leather on my doors? :S

You shoulda gone for leather on your doors hun!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Unless I kept the dashtop in alcantara? :approve:
and use vinyl for the rest of the trim

"Navy" N17 TWO
"Allegedly" (still enquiring) airbag units have an almighty force and have been tested by the audio installer that are trimming my doors.

They tested an airbag unit from a Golf a few years ago and it ripped through a panel that was trimmed in alcantara & vinyl

Seen part of my doorcard today with the crossover embedded in and covered in the matt black vinyl - WOW :approve:

"Navy" N17 TWO
:bump:

Need to know soon to get the car booked in for the work...
how can I be 100% sure the airbag will deploy with vinyl over the top?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Brainwave :star:
If I get the the airbag patch trimmed in a different material & the weakened stitch around it to let the airbag come out

Any opinions welcome as my small dilemma is frying my head lol
Trev