ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Returning member

Audi TT Quattro
Hi, I’m a returning member in the market for a 197. Previously I owned a 182, looking for something similar but a little more refined now. I’m located just outside Chester and have a budget of around £5k. I was wondering if any forum members could point me in the right direction of any tidy examples, looking for something I can just get in and enjoy really, most things considered but as it will be my daily for a while I’d prefer it not to black. Already viewed a couple but I’ve forums out peoples interpretation of the word mint is very different lol thanks in advance

Hi,

Yeah, Unfortunately one person's idea of good condition can be drastically different from another persons. Im afraid you just have to view as many cars as you can or like you have asked, hope that a forum member can point you in the direction of a "known quantity"

I like 197s myself. Good luck in your hunt.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Welcome, you may find you get a really lovely 182 for that budget which IMO is the better car

Audi TT Quattro
I have owned a 182 before! As it’s going to be my only car I quite like the more refined and slightly more modern feel of the 197 and the 6th gear for motorways cruising!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Fair enough although iirc the 6th makes very little difference at cruise as the 197 are short geared to improve acceleration to overcome all that extra mass that makes them feel refined...or disconnected depending on how you look at it. However they sit on a bloody brilliant chassis, absolutely no denying that.

Oh I run a 182 as my daily car, 15k a year!