ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Returning to Clio Ownership?!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Its been a long time but I've decided to make a return to Clio ownership. Is this the right time/choice?!

My previous Clio experience ended prematurely in April 2004 but after going to a bike engined Kit Car, to a Civic Type R (EP3) and now to a JDM Integra DC2 I've decided that I would like to get back in a 182.

My time with the Integra DC2 has been fantastic but like all things I've decided to sell her. We've been around the Isle of Man and Jurby airfield, its been to the Nurburgring and its certainly entertained me since I had it imported in July last year with numerous fast road runs and bullet proof reliability.

I've been looking on PistonHeads already for Trophy's and 182/182 Cup's so its just the job of finding the right one, at the right price!
Will keep everyone up to date with progress. I'm not online as much as I used to be but I'm sure that I'll be catching up with some of you soon.

Is it worth holding out for a Trophy if I'm going to strip and track it or do I just buy a 182? (not wanting another 172 - however similar!)

Cheers

TC

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Its been a long time but I've decided to make a return to Clio ownership. Is this the right time/choice?!

My previous Clio experience ended prematurely in April 2004 but after going to a bike engined Kit Car, to a Civic Type R (EP3) and now to a JDM Integra DC2 I've decided that I would like to get back in a 182.

My time with the Integra DC2 has been fantastic but like all things I've decided to sell her. We've been around the Isle of Man and Jurby airfield, its been to the Nurburgring and its certainly entertained me since I had it imported in July last year with numerous fast road runs and bullet proof reliability.

I've been looking on PistonHeads already for Trophy's and 182/182 Cup's so its just the job of finding the right one, at the right price!
Will keep everyone up to date with progress. I'm not online as much as I used to be but I'm sure that I'll be catching up with some of you soon.

Is it worth holding out for a Trophy if I'm going to strip and track it or do I just buy a 182? (not wanting another 172 - however similar!)

Cheers

TC
I'd say no, just fit coilovers.

Clio v6
They sell for about 12p at the moment so it's a great time. More importantly it would be nice to see you around the forum more often Si.

Are you ready for the fastest car in the world though?

:approve:

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Hi Dash - see you're back to your old username! LOL @ fastest car in the world. :)

I'm not sure if a trophy is worth the extra over a 182 in the application I want (please read that carefullly!) but i'm open to ideas.

Dash - you're right on the cost front, I've seen 182's at silly money so will have to see if anyone fancies p/x against the DC2 or if I sell the DC2 seperately.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Any pictures of the DC2? 98-Spec?

Welcome back. It's certainly a good time to be looking for an RS

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
s**t really? It was a CAT C or D and a right mess the last time I saw it in the scrap yard. Deathtrap! Nevermind, moving on from that now!

182 certainly looks like the way to go. LOL @ rattles - I think all the cars I've owned have rattled at some point!

Ang

Pink/Blue 182
Make sure its 182 with cup packs then i can nick bits when mine starts falling apart

hehe

;)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Yeah certainly looks like a 182 is the best way to go. Will sort out a pic of the Integra - will have to join and get a for sale advert sorted out. :)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
98 Spec, JDM import DC2 Type R. Fully stripped. Caged. The b****cks.

teg.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Had a nice blatt with one of those in the 197 the other week. 197 - 1, jap crap - 0 ;)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I know Rich, I've been in two minds but as Ang said, it makes life a bit easier as hers has been off the road twice in the past few months - be nice to have a supply of spares to hand.

@Gaz - good work, you won't find it a common occurrence ;-)