ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reverse lights switch - valver

MK1 Clio 16v
Can someone explain or post up a pic of where i can find the reverse light switch on the gearbox on my valver?

My reverse lights have stopped working :( They were intermittent for a while but now they've just stopped completely. Quite annoying when reversing in the dark as i can't see FA.

Are there any other areas to check besides the switch?

Cheers!

Switch is on the side of the gear box. b**ch to get ot.

Mine stoped working replaced the switch and still didnt work, turned out to be corrosion in the plug.

Got fooked of and left it in the end. still passed its MOT lol. :D

MK1 Clio 16v
Corrosion in which plug? The gearbox end? I don't think mine will be too bad, when i used to put it in reverse the lights came on after a second or so, not instantly like they used to, and now they've stopped working altogether. Perhaps the connection just needs a clean? I take it i can't get to it very easily then to take a look?

I just want them to work so i can see whats behind me when reversing!

Cheers for your help and any suggestions..

Yeah the multiplug that connects to the sensor.

May be that your sensor is worn, my old 1 was.

not difficult job to do, just like i say, a b**ch to get at.

MK1 Clio 16v
Any chance you could take a pic and show me where it is? Can you see it if you look under the bonnet, or do you need to be underneath?

struggle to see it at both angles.

Best underneath, shuffle under and check out your gear box from underneath it should be on your left.

all you will see is a nut with a multiplug attached.

MK1 Clio 16v
I'll have to take a look, not gonna be easy especially with the cold weather and dark evenings setting in!

Funnily enough, when i was reversing onto the drive today they suddenly came on (i could see the reflection in the garage door). Quite strange!

Something must need cleaning up somewhere..

Clio 1.8 16v & AX GT
i had the same problem on my valver. all i did was take the plug off and give it a good clean as there was grease and oil inside the plug. it now works fine! if u take ur passenger front wheel off u shud b able to c the plug and switch near where ur drive shaft is connected to the gearbox.