ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reverse Switch (how Easy To Replace)

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
Car in for its service and Renault have just phone to say that the reversae switch is faulty.

They want £16.00 for the switch and another £40.00 to fit it (daylight robbery).

Surly it's easy to fit.

Anyone now how or shall I get them to do it.

Cheers guys

is a simple unscrew old, screw in new. Its at the end of the gearbox, you can see itif you remove the nearside front wheel.

'92 172, Lotus Elise
if its anythink like the mk1s, you would really have to drain the 'box oil then swap the switch then refil.

not too bad a job tbh

Matteh said:
if its anythink like the mk1s, you would really have to drain the 'box oil then swap the switch then refil.

not too bad a job tbh

Anyone

Is this the case with the mark 2 as I will get Renault to do it if thats the case.

MK1 Clio 16v
Isn't it covered under warranty? If it's faulty why should you pay for it?

DIY i say, makes you feel good when you fix things yourself, then at least you know its been done properly.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
lol 5min job to do there robbin b******s.

(not sure if you have to drop the oil though) is so then 40 aint that bad.. as oil is about 20 ish..

ben_p said:
lol 5min job to do there robbin b******s.

(not sure if you have to drop the oil though) is so then 40 aint that bad.. as oil is about 20 ish..

Got them to do it

could'nt be bothered to piss around changing oil.

I know what im like I would have left it until to MOT and then it would have been a mad rush to get it done.