ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Review of new Wolf Sealant...

Megane R26
After a number of glowing reviews on here, and having played with some mightily impressive samples of polishes etc kindly provided by Chris/Waxamomo, I decided to buy the Wolf Chemicals Body Wrap and Shine & Seal combo from Waxamomo (great service as ever Chris, thanks mate!).

I spent some time this afternoon having a play with this combo on my own car - a silver RS Megane R26.

First up, I cleaned the car with Dodo BTBM and dried as usual. I didn't clay it as I'd clayed it a few weeks ago, but did notice some minor tar spots, but decided to leave these to see what the polish/paint cleanser did with them.

First up, I used the Shine & Seal via Chicago Rotary and Megs 4" Polishing Pad:

5600974886_884f2a139b.jpg

P1030757 by RussZS, on Flickr

Whilst working it, I noted it was very "wet" (without splattering!) and so could work it for an awfully long time if needed. I also tried a few single passes to see if it would leave hazing/marring and this didn't appear to be the case.

I settled for a few passes at 1200 and refining at 900. I buffed to reveal one of the slickest, most reflective finishes yet seen on my car!

5600976102_c77747d487.jpg

P1030760 by RussZS, on Flickr

(Note the Renault build quality, lol!)

5600977386_bf1f4a3ca9.jpg

P1030762 by RussZS, on Flickr

5600395899_99d6914bbc.jpg

P1030763 by RussZS, on Flickr

5600396957_52c0175ca3.jpg

P1030764 by RussZS, on Flickr

5600980832_b8415638a4.jpg

P1030765 by RussZS, on Flickr

Oh, and it does a superb job of cleansing the paint!

5600402025_1d30eae90e.jpg

P1030770 by RussZS, on Flickr

I'd probably compare it directly with Dodo Need for Speed, in that it cuts relatively well it worked hard, and leaves protection behind, but is obviously more suited to Nano Sealants, and specifically the Wolf Body Wrap. I know a lot of people will opt to use IPA instead, but if the paint needs a decent cleanse too, and light correction, then I'd personally opt for Shine & Seal as the prep step. It also reminded me of Carlack 68 NSC in terms of how thoroughly it cleansed the paint - very impressive stuff indeed, and it smells lovely too, unlike most paint cleansers!

Next up, I applied Body Wrap to the entire car and the wheels. This is such an easy product to use - simply pour a tiny amount on to a make up pad and wipe over the car, leave for 15 mins then buff off - no effort at all!

Yet again, I could feel a great slickness being left behind after I buffed it off, I would imagine this will do a very good job of keeping a car cleaner for longer, like I have found to be the case with Zaino and other sealant systems, but this is much, much simpler to work with!

On my wheels:

5600986984_c5a88d205c.jpg

P1030774 by RussZS, on Flickr

5600988496_66d671c998.jpg

P1030776 by RussZS, on Flickr

5600407145_5b025bd4dc.jpg

P1030778 by RussZS, on Flickr

5600408067_9bd81d8408.jpg

P1030780 by RussZS, on Flickr

5600410587_5c1e2e8847.jpg

P1030783 by RussZS, on Flickr

5600411961_52409728ef.jpg

P1030784 by RussZS, on Flickr

5600997998_e3b5a852fd.jpg

P1030786 by RussZS, on Flickr

Not bad reflection for silver huh? I'm VERY impressed. An LSP hasn't impressed me this much since using Zymol Vintage...

Oh and unlike most sealants, you also get....

BEADING :D

5600400097_0660d2138c.jpg

P1030768 by RussZS, on Flickr

I'm detailing my mates dads VW Golf GTI Mk5 tomorrow, so will do a write up from that too, but so far, VERY, VERY impressed...

Russ.

STEALTH RAIDER
Nice one Russ. Its very good stuff and i bought it when it first came out. I rate very highly of this stuff yet some people dont like it too much because it doesnt sheet as quickly as some waxes do. Tight beading does drop off after 6 weeks or so and sheeting becomes a little slower but i top mine up with pro detailer which sorts it out.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
What a great finish!

Probably the best i have seen on Silver... I feel a spending spree coming on!

Sorry to bump this, I am looking at buying this. Would I just use this like I would with a polish ? So wash,clay,wash,dry, wolf sealant then a wax ?

Megane R26
No, you use it instead of a wax, but I suggest you cleanse/do an IPA wipedown before using Body Wrap

Don't wax over it, you'll lose the sealants unique beading/sheeting abilities.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Indeed Russtopher!

I'd rather Z2 with the Z6/8 system. :)

Megane R26
I'm undecided... I like Z6 and Z8 though, but Z2 isn't anywhere near as easy as this to apply and remove, and for one layer, it's not going to be as durable, and you lose the beading too...

Tough call. I need to try Menz Powerlock and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant too. I need one killer sealant I can use on my details as and when required. Wolf is probably the best, but its pricey so I'm not inclined to do it as a freebie...

You tried CG 50/50 Ltd Ed Gally? I've picked some more up today, going to use that as my standard wax I think.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah mate, it was rather good, so so so easy to use, just wish it was more durable.

I'd probably rather something like AG HD as a staple wax, not sure why just durability for the less descernible client is paramount if they aren't that bother about 2bm ect...

I thought Wolf's would have been more fussy mate, I find Z2 as easy as wax to use. I also love it as a base for waxing if I feel enclined.

I've been trialing Z2/Celeste together to good effect.

Megane R26
The beauty of 50/50 is that you can just leave it on and not worry about it, like Onyx but nearly 25% cheaper. Not many cheaper waxes let you get away with that like 50/50 does. Plus it's a bit more special than using the cheaper £15 waxes...

Z2 is easy to use, but on some paints it doesnt' seem to want to spread too easily, like the EvoX I did, yet on others its a breeze. I used a spritz of Z6 too to help and IPA wipedown before... odd.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed i'd agree, to be fair it was hot when I done that Golf but still it wasn't the easiest to spread.

On a calmer day a little goes a long way I find.

How's the Golf dude, any new products to try? Loving the blackfire stuff btw. Very impressive. (see my recent thread)

Megane R26
Still broken mate, not being looked at until tomorrow :(

I had the Blackfire on my R27 Clio, and it looked superb.. price seems to have gone through the roof now though??

GEP is nice, as is AFPP... not so keen on the Wax or Spray Sealant though... decent but less impressive.

I want some Z Destiny I think. Need to try and get some from the US

Megane R26
Still broken mate, not being looked at until tomorrow :(

I had the Blackfire on my R27 Clio, and it looked superb.. price seems to have gone through the roof now though??

GEP is nice, as is AFPP... not so keen on the Wax or Spray Sealant though... decent but less impressive.

I want some Z Destiny I think. Need to try and get some from the US