ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Revs going up way to fast!!

clio 1.2 extreme
Cant find a thread already on this... but anyway

when I was driving home earlier, if I put my foot down the revs would shoot up, in all gears.
seems like a clutch problem, as I tried pumping a few times and would sometimes stop the high revving.
Its as though I still have my foot on the clutch a little bit....I also smelled the clutch a few times

thanks for any help...
​George

RB Clio 182
Put the car in 5th at 30mph and put your foot down, if the revs go up but your speedo doesnt, your clutch is f**ked.

Last edited:
  clio 1.2 extreme
S**t!!!
Speed would go up but not much, like I was in 5th at 6000rpm only doing 60

idea on how much a new one would be???

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I see you're west mids based, depending on where I'd be going to Fred at BTM or Birchdown Autos

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Thats need Stafford IIRC?

Birchdown is near Malpas, Whitchurch

BTM is Birminham

Both highly recommended on here.

clio 1.2 extreme
Yeah thats right,
ive seen BTM mentioned a lot

seems alright to drive, will I cause any more damage still driving it?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
No idea, but not gonna lie i'd still drive it, just carefully. lol

clio 1.2 extreme
Flywheel?? It just keeps getting worse

And you cant go from using a Sat Nav to a map!? Thats just wrong

Of course it's going to get worse. Especially if you keep your foot flat when it's slipping.

As for map reading, it's a good skill, but then again people rely on sat nav far too much...

Lionel Richie
it'll be fine, i drove from germany to B'ham with a slipping clutch, it took about 45min to get upto 70mph LOL!

clio 1.2 extreme
Of course it's going to get worse. Especially if you keep your foot flat when it's slipping.

As for map reading, it's a good skill, but then again people rely on sat nav far too much...

I was only keeping it flat when it was first happening, and I was thinking what the hell is going on.
Ive been keeping it pretty steady today and was just plodding along

As for the map, ive never needed to use one. So not gonna know how.