ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rich's RB 182

Rolls

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/ EscCos
Hi folks,
Figure its about time for me to put up a thread about my little 182..
Have owned the car for about 6 years now, was bought as a daily but wasn't actually used a great deal..
When I was looking i was pretty fussy with colours : only wanted a RB or Inferno and this happened to pop up and wasn't at the other end of the country..
The car when i got it was pretty much standard apart from a KTR induction kit, and an exhaust, and had been polybushed at the front end. As is always the case with these, it needed the belts doing, so went to the guys in Portsmouth (think its rentech?) to have those done pretty quickly..
After that I decided that I wanted to keep the original (ish) so managed to get hold of some cup Turin's that were sent off for a full refurb and then shod with some PS3's.
At the same time, I decided to replace all of the brakes with some new oe spec items : the idea being i want to do things once and properly : have learnt the hard way how much doing half a job first off can cost :D
And that's essentially how the car stayed until the start of lockdown last year, although since my son was born in 2017 the little clio basically saw very very little use...

However, the plan was always to get to brands at some point with this, so i had gathered a few little bits along the way just in case the bug bit (always being aware that i could basically sell what i was collecting for the same amount as i'd paid).
So, by the start of lockdown i'd managed to get hold of some of Jon's extra low subframes, a pair of motor drive bucket seats (which are imo a brand that are massively underrated : i had them in my XR2turbo years and years ago : super comfy and not overly expensive) and a pair of sparco harnesses..
So : some early pics of the car.. will continue the progress since lockdown over the next few days!

IMG_1396.jpeg
IMG_1458.jpeg
IMG_2891.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2890.jpeg
    IMG_2890.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 80
  Racing Blue FF 182
Hi folks,
Figure its about time for me to put up a thread about my little 182..
Have owned the car for about 6 years now, was bought as a daily but wasn't actually used a great deal..
When I was looking i was pretty fussy with colours : only wanted a RB or Inferno and this happened to pop up and wasn't at the other end of the country..
The car when i got it was pretty much standard apart from a KTR induction kit, and an exhaust, and had been polybushed at the front end. As is always the case with these, it needed the belts doing, so went to the guys in Portsmouth (think its rentech?) to have those done pretty quickly..
After that I decided that I wanted to keep the original (ish) so managed to get hold of some cup Turin's that were sent off for a full refurb and then shod with some PS3's.
At the same time, I decided to replace all of the brakes with some new oe spec items : the idea being i want to do things once and properly : have learnt the hard way how much doing half a job first off can cost :D
And that's essentially how the car stayed until the start of lockdown last year, although since my son was born in 2017 the little clio basically saw very very little use...

However, the plan was always to get to brands at some point with this, so i had gathered a few little bits along the way just in case the bug bit (always being aware that i could basically sell what i was collecting for the same amount as i'd paid).
So, by the start of lockdown i'd managed to get hold of some of Jon's extra low subframes, a pair of motor drive bucket seats (which are imo a brand that are massively underrated : i had them in my XR2turbo years and years ago : super comfy and not overly expensive) and a pair of sparco harnesses..
So : some early pics of the car.. will continue the progress since lockdown over the next few days!

View attachment 1550232View attachment 1550233View attachment 1550234

Nice sounding car you’ve got there, I look forward to your updates [emoji41][emoji112] from another RB owner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rolls

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/ EscCos
So... on to part 2 of the updates :
AS mentioned already i managed to get hold of some proper seats, subframes and harnesses ready to get the car out on track...
Luckily lockdown meant that i had a little extra money so figured it was now or never to actually sort the clio out so its ready for some track fun.
So, a few emails back and fourth with the guys at fulcrum meant an order was placed for one of their rear cages with the double x brace rather than the straight lower that some people opt for..
That got delivered in May ish time last year i think it was, so i figured it was about time to actually strip the interior of the car to go about fitting it..
As I'm sure most of you know, very simple to do - although as is seemingly far too common, one of the bolts on the back decided it didn't want to come out for the seats... nothing an impact gun and a easy out couldn't sort thankfully..
Quick look down behind where the rear door showed the car is in pretty good shape thankfully : it also made me realise that id want something to cover the back up a little despite removing everything to get the cage in... So.. quick order from track door cards and the rears were ordered up. I want to retain the standard fronts at the moment as the car is still used occasionally on the road, although that may well change!.
Next step was working out who to get to fit the cage... thankfully Im pretty close to Kent Motorsport in Orpington who are one of the traders on here : quick trip over and have a chat and a date is put in the diary for fitting!
At this point we're slowly getting there.. Or so i think :

Current spec at this point was poly bushed front end, brakes done all round (although the lack of use seems to not have done the backs a great deal of good!) and then a half cage and decent seats with harnesses.. Turinis looked perfect, had had sensible rubber on, so it was time to get to brands...
Was a little nervous at the time as it was my first time driving on a track day in probably 15 years! The car was still on its standard suspension too, so was going to be interesting to see how things went..

Pictures for this update all below : the next update will see a trip to AW motorworks to essentially finish 90% of what i want to do with the car....

tempImageciEdi9.png
tempImageLvtK8X.png
tempImageYSNRU4.png
tempImageFjz2Zp.png
tempImagewcUxyU.png
tempImagen74Zwo.png
tempImagepKKUgH.png
tempImagexlBYwT.png
tempImageZQKxre.png