ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Right Result Today! (insurance)

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
I've only owned my ph1 172 12 weeks but have made a few subtle changes, including fitting a private plate (cheapie off eBay :) I've had on retention since last Feb!)...

So, today was the day I made the daunting call to the insurance broker :S - the guy I promised 12 weeks ago that the car was 100% standard (which it was, then...).

My list of things to tell him ran to:

* private reg
* Powerflow cat-back stealth exhaust
* KW 'variant 1' coilover kit
* Compbrake alloy front suspension top mounts
* stainless steel braided front brake lines
* use of two sets of 'non-standard' wheels
* Cobra Daytona recliners
* Sparco harnesses
* Caged rear roll cage (with removal of rear seats)

It's the first time I've modified a car and, especially having read some stories on here, expected to get my pants taken down!!

I still had my credit card in hand :( when he called me back (after speaking with the insurance company - Highways ?!) to tell me it would cost me a grand total of...

£25.75

RESULT!! :D

Apparently, that is just the admin charge for sending out new docs with the new reg number on, so effectively I've not been charged for all the mods!!

Did they tell you that you were covered for £X amount of mods?

Nope, he just told me that the bloke he always phones for this kind of thing is 'very understanding'... I've requested confirmation of all the mods in writing & direct from the insurers, so no arguments if I ever needed to claim...

Err, not sure of the actual insurer - will have to dig the paperwork out, think it's 'Highways Insurance' but I might be dreaming that lol...

The broker is Bond Lovis in London, PM me if you want the details of the dude to deal with... :)

BMW F31
HIC insurance consultants who are a sister company of adrian flux.

been with them for 4 years and thats all they charge. you do have a limit in how much bhp extra you make the car and how much cosmetic changes you make, but its still cheaper than most other car insurance companies.

Renault 5 GT Turbo
Highways Insurance dont actually deal with the public.... they go through insurance brokers only :-( so if u go to flux or HIC etc.... they will add a hefty % of the premiun on for themselfs...

If only Highway would deal with the public we would save 10-30% on our premiuns... they are very good for like for like... and agreed value is an option on certain cars... ie: highly modded and classics...

BMW F31
agreed ^^

think HIC only took about £30 off me couple of days ago when i renewed though so not too bad tbh.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
I agree about HIC, they got me by far the cheapest quote that I could find.

Including being able to do aobut a grand or so external mods, £500 for audio, and about 10bhp without changing the price of the premium