ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RIMSTOCK NO HELP! :(

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
HI all, i have a little mark on my wheel, anybody know the paint code, or a good colour match! or is there a colour match?? kind of like a chrome (ish) finish on these wheels??

i have been doing some digging and found out my wheels are made by Rimstock! (based in sunny stoke) halfrauds! are a rimstock supplier as well! anyway my point is i rang them to ask what there paint code is on my wheel and he just kinda laughed and said we cant tell you that! (like its top secret)

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g120/182clio/

106 GTi
Ask on the Elise forums someone must have had one touched in.

Failing that pop down to a local bodyshop and look at some paint chips.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Ask on the Elise forums someone must have had one touched in.

Failing that pop down to a local bodyshop and look at some paint chips.

Hi Rich!! :)

ive asked them on the forum! they just think im good entertainment ;) but never seem to help! :(

well i have been doing a bit of digging! as above rimstock - supply a lot of manufactures (including lotus) and there biggest dealer in the uk is halfords! rimstock offer only a few colours hi-power silver/silver/black etc! so im going to pop in to halfords again and grab every colour silver they have and look at all the wheels like numpty as they are bound to have a rimstock wheel in stock (team dynamic/100+ etc in hi-power silver) :)

thanks mate! :)

Renault Clio S
Hi

I recently chipped by TDR Monaco wheels and Halfrauds were not much help when I asked them to recommend a touch-up paint stick, even though they sell the wheels.

I'm thinking of having it done by http://www.chipsaway.co.uk/ quote pending of course. Cleaning, filling, priming, painting and laquering wheels is a tricky job and worth doing peroperly if your rims were expensive.

Mito Sportiva 135
Hi

I recently chipped by TDR Monaco wheels and Halfrauds were not much help when I asked them to recommend a touch-up paint stick, even though they sell the wheels.

I'm thinking of having it done by http://www.chipsaway.co.uk/ quote pending of course. Cleaning, filling, priming, painting and laquering wheels is a tricky job and worth doing peroperly if your rims were expensive.

If you want it done properly I wouldn't be trusting Chips Away!

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Paul, get them powdercoated black - you know you want to! ;)

i know i want too!! :)

but having bought the hard top funds are a little tight at the mo! i guess ill take it to laptab in birmingham if i keep the car - they can do it in a day for around the 300 mark! anyway come on sort me out some pics ;)

but having bought the hard top funds are a little tight at the mo! i guess ill take it to labtab in birmingham if i keep the car - they can do it in a day for around the 300 mark! anyway come on sort me out some pics ;)

you can get them powdercoated for that sort of money.

pics soon!... ;)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE

but having bought the hard top funds are a little tight at the mo! i guess ill take it to labtab in birmingham if i keep the car - they can do it in a day for around the 300 mark! anyway come on sort me out some pics ;)

you can get them powdercoated for that sort of money.

pics soon!... ;)

what are yours mat/satin/gloss ?? :)

Renault Clio S
Hi

care to eleborate on why they shouldn't be trusted?

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
apparently they cant repair mine anyway (unless they respray the full wheel) as they are currently hi-power silver - which they cant just flash in! :( - which cost around 60.00 makes 300.00 look cheap for x4 in black ;)

Mito Sportiva 135

They just don't have a particularly good reputation for doing good work. Certainly for most repairs they are unable to match what could be achieved in a bodyshop. Another factor is they work outside and unless they are very carefull (they normally aren't) you can get overspray.

Not that they are bad but for a "proper" job I would always visit a bodyshop.

Black Gold with cup packs
IMG_0192.gif

Pukka

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
yeah i know! posted it the other day! :)

a lot of peeps on seloc (south east lotus owners club) have seen it driving around - beware!!!

Renault Clio S

They just don't have a particularly good reputation for doing good work. Certainly for most repairs they are unable to match what could be achieved in a bodyshop. Another factor is they work outside and unless they are very carefull (they normally aren't) you can get overspray.

Not that they are bad but for a "proper" job I would always visit a bodyshop.

ta very much for the info.