ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ring Of Death :(

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Hi, I got my Xbox in December 2006, And just this second got the dreaded ring of death, 3 Lights flashing all except the top right of the quadrant.

The xbox 360 is less then 12 months old so is in warrenty, However, I've split up with the girl who bought it me, And she has lost the reciept.

What do i do now? Will they still honour it without the reciept?

I've checked microsoft support site, But I Couldn;t find any info on how to contact them and tell them its broken, So what do i do now?

Thanks

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Ta, I've just registered my device @ the repair centre, But i guess thats not it.

I dont suppose its 24 hour phone line?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
lol!

It works now, But crashes every now and then and the screen goes chequered if that makes sense!

Can only get the US number too :(

6/468 17poo
yeah thats def fucked mine and now my mates did exactly the same and bought the same time as urs lol!!

cant ya trade it in and get an elite?is that possible?

take it back to where you bought it.

PC World will exchange them within the first year (with proof of purchase). We just send them back to Microsoft! lol

Civic Si
your 360 has a 3 year warranty for the 3 rings of death problem. just give them a ring, they will collect it free of charge, and you'll get it back in 2-3 weeks. job done

Shhh
my friend did this, his was replaced FOC with extra warranty.

Ring them, its a 'known' issue.

They have to take care of you now, as when they bring out a new more expensive item, they want you to buy it.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
I have had to send mine back twice, usually had them back in just over a week.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Phoned them just they are sending me a postage slip through the post. That should be here in 3 days and then 25-28 working days to recieve my new one!

Just bought 3 new games too :(

So you are saying a week after you send it you got yours. Thats not too bad.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
0800 587 1102

They say 3 weeks to keep you off their backs. I have known them to be done within the week... That said I have known them to be over 2 weeks too.

SLK 350
Can we make a sub-forum called "Broken 360's" seems to be quite a demand, on the polar of that though we could have a PS3 Games forum which would be fairly sparse ;)

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
christ ...

a) you dont need a reciept and if u did then its useless anyway as the shop you bought it from have got nothing to do with it - unless its within 28 days
b) all you need to do is phone microsoft and theyl arrange for you to be sent a ups label to use in sending the xbox to microsoft repair centre to be repaired.

they go by serial number and there is now a 3 year warranty, not 1 year.
mines currently in the repair centre

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
You should have got them to email you the label and then you print it and stick it the box. That will make it 3 days quicker!

Evo 6, E92 320d
Mines in the repair centre as we speak. Ive sent a few back now(for work) and it is just a 3 year warranty on 3 red lights from the date of manufacture(back of console) and the turn around time is only a couple of weeks. Honestly its a safer bet getting it repaired than having it replaced at the store(unless it is only a few weeks old) becuase what they do to the consoles(now at least) is probably not been done to the ones that are sitting in the shops, unless they have been made within the last few months, so will have a greater chance of breaking in the future.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Have they changed anything on the new one I will recieve to stop this happening?

Will i get my one back or will it be a different one?

T

thecremeegg

Well the ones they get back for repair they add extra cooling to so as to avoid it happening again. My mate bought his from argos and they exchanged it for a new one on the spot, brilliant of them tbh

Evo 6, E92 320d
I dont think they change the cooling entirely, basically the resolder a part that breaks away and use a better thermal paste. But it will definately be the same console you get back, as they go by serial numbers.

They said something to me about a label, but a bloke form UPS picked it all up anyway - got picked up next day and I had it back in a month :(

Evo 6, E92 320d
A work mate had an unfortunate event with the whole collection service so beware. He phoned up MS on a tuesday to have 2 consoles collected(on behalf of work) and was told to call up ups when his labels had arrived, fair enough. He gets home on Wednesday to find a note saying the courier has taken the only 360 at his house , which was his fully working 1 with about 5000 gamerpoints on(he was so proud of that). So he gets on the blower to MS to say whats happened and that ups had come round without any kind of contact, and that the console on its wayto them was fine, his reply from both partys was 'oh well we cannot attempt to find it right now as its on the truck' ?!?! After many hours phoning up both companies and explaining at least 10 times what had happened they finally found it and sent it back. So do beware if you have a dozy housemate and more than 1 360 :)

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Yup they dont just send labels, they send the courier with the labels to pick it up there and then!

You now get a refurb unit to speed up the process rather than the unit you send.

They swap the cases, and serial number stickers over too - I know this as my hybrid console came back with matching serials ;)

They should now be fitting the 2nd heatsink to refurbs, it used to just be thermal compund and better solder.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
So someones going to come to collect it? Thats going to be hard as i work 8am till 6pm monday to saturday lol!

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Yup, UPS will bring labels to stick on your box - to take away at the same time.

This has always happened yet they still tell you they are 'sending labels out, phone the courier when you receive them'

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
so whall i package my xbox up in a box ready for them? OR do they just stick a label on the actual console?

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Unmarked box, no leads or hard drive etc.

Ready for them coming (usually next workiing day)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I've boxed it all up, A Box File Folder with the spring removed works fine!

However, I've put no paperwork in, Does it all run off the serial?

thanks

I sent mine away due to the RROD, was away three weeks and when it came back it was another console made a couple of months before the one I sent away, had a letter with it explaining it was a different console and MS had adjusted the serial number on my warranty to link this one with me.

Sent me 2xOne month gold live subscription scratch cars too, a friend of mine complained to MS that his had been away with them for nearly five weeks and got himself the 2 months live cards and a voucher redeemable anywhere for any full price game of his choice.